Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

The Chat.

Guest twsimfan

Well it wasn't very well attended... but we had fun. Daniel Biosca said that it was very informative. Probably because he was the smart one amoung us... he asked specific questions about subjects he was interested in and hopefully got some good answers. The rest of us pretty much just spent our time BSing... and answering Daniel's questions of course. ;-) Wish more of you could have made it. With this level of attendance we may not have many more.

Guest twsimfan

Hans,I wasn't trying to single out you or anyone else. I am sure that people have things to do in real life. But the plain fact is that it is pointless to continue to have these things every 6 weeks if no one wants them. We had a good chat... but never had more than 6 people... most often 4 or 5... and that includes Bob & I. We also finished up record early.We will go ahead with the next one on schedule. Maybe once we get clear of the holidays more people will be able to get clear to join in.

Tom,Maybe we need to give people more notice of these chats. I also think that it would be useful to have an official start considerably earlier than 16:00 EST. This would allow many more Europeans to attend (at least in the early stages of the chat). The official start time throughout mainland Europe is 10 p.m, and this is very late. I would personally be very enthusiastic to log on at 6 p.m. local time (13:00 EST), even if yourself and other Americans couldn't make it until later.What do you think ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Chris,You make some good points. Posting them earlier is no problem... but I have found in the past that if you post them too early people forget. Most people ignore anchored messages once they have seem them. The biggest influence in the current start time was Daniel Biosca... who... as you know... lives in Barcelona. We can go earlier but 13:00 would be a bit much for me and especially Bob. It is 11:00 my time (Mountain Standard Time) and if it runs late... as all before this last one have... that gets to be a long day. It is 10:00 in LA... Bob is hardly out of bed at that time... and he has more things to worry about than chats... like waking up! ;-)One thing to consider... you can have a start time anytime you want. The channels are always there. You can put a post in here like "Hey... it is (insert time here) and I'm going to the FU3 chat room for (insert digit here) hours... come join me if you can!".

Guest Stearman

>The biggest influence in >the current start time was Daniel Biosca... who... as you >know... lives in BarcelonaHi Tom, I wasn't really aware of that (the influence, I mean) :)However, probably I'm not the best example of what most Europeans would prefer since, contrarily to what Chris said, I would find it harder to start at an earlier time (which would mean "sacrificing family time") than our usual time (or even later), when everyone at home is already sleeping, and I can be at my ease.Anyway, I wouldn't like to influence anyone's convenience, so please feel free to change the scheduled times whenever you think it may improve the attendance.Best regards,

Guest Stearman

>Sorry about not attending. The problem is that these chats >always coincide with my work weekends. Hi Hans... I really wish you had attended, I was looking forward to ask you about your new Baron :)Well, maybe next time.Best regards,

Daniel,I understand that you don't want to "sacrifice family time". Since I am single, that isn't really a problem for me :-)Still, if anyone is interested in starting at an earlier time at the next chat, I would be prepared to become a "virtual Tom or Bob" until such time as the real "things" could drag themselves out of bed :-lolYou are quite right Tom, when you state that we can get chatting whenever we like. However, unless there is someone else there, the chats can be quite lonely :-) By making a plea here, I might just be able to get chatting nice and early on February 15.See you all then :-cool Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robert_S

Actually, I'm out of bed by 8:00AM (or earlier) every day of the year. But with both myself and my 87-year-old mother in wheelchairs, it takes time to get her up, get both of us breakfast, etc. If I had a choice, I would sleep later, but I don't. If you can sleep in on weekends or whenever, consider yourself fortunate.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "The Thing" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]

Guest twsimfan

Bob,Sorry. I knew that of course. Was just trying to make light of my response to Chris. Next time I'll do it at my own expense.