Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

KingAir 350

With all this talk about new planes and paint schemes, has anyone considered developing an improved VFR cockpit for the KingAir 350 ? We really do need a VFR cockpit that obscures far less of the forward view than the current version.Is anyone prepared to accept the challenge ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I modified that VFR panel, to make it lower without compromising any of the instruments. Basically I shaved some rows of pixels off the top, taking care to leave anything below as it was. If you want to make it less obtrusive you'll have to sacrifice some of the instruments.But then, I use a head tilt setting for all FU3 aircraft, enabling me to get a proper view over most IFR panels. Yes, I hardly use the VFR panels at all since I've set up the sim to obtain an adequate view over the IFR panels. Have you tried the head tilt tweak?best regards,Hans Petter

Guest DLM

Chris,I guess i could cut the VFR cockpit in half for you if you wish?Just have in mind as Hans-Petter points out that you will also lose half of the instrumentation. // Daniel

Guest DLM

Chris,Try this version and see if you like it?I had to disable the NAV rose or it would overlap to the top of the screen since it is cut by 40%. Just remember NOT to trust what the VFR NAV rose indicates! I have only done a quick test flight to see that all is "OK".I found no errors during that test, but you never know so just tell me if there should be any.// Daniel