Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

Oh FLED!

Guest Robs

Hi AllI haven't used FLED before so I thought I'd try and get some mucking about experience with it but FLED doesn't want to play. I want to get to try some scenery modelling but thought I need to be able to place and move any objects first!I assume I am able to have a god GUI to alter the landscape but all I get is a black main window! (with no modification package opened)Help (yes I got desperate!) says I should have a top down main window and a zoar window.Anyone know whats going on here???I have seattle and sanfran and which ever I pick its the same...dull black. Window does respond and close ...it's not a crash but it doesn't seem to load the scenery or have the options to do so!Rob.

Guest Rich Wren

What happens if you load a modification package? I'm running FLED on Win2k and it doesn't actually load any scenery until I specify a package to modify or start a new one. Until then all I get is one black window.I feel sure that under Win98 it used to load the terrain before I'd opened a package but it's been a while...Hope this helps.

Rob,Try adding "IWorkHere" in the flt3.cfg file. This allows you to modify the existing airports, in addition to creating new packages.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi Rob.This is how, to create a Packages Folder. Right clik on the desk-top, and choos New Folder.Now right clik on your New Folder and choos Rename, and tipe PackagesNow drag and drop your new Packages folder into your {Flight3 Folder}.All the Fled seenary Packages you get from the net, go in your Packages folder.But at the moment, your Packages folder is empty, so Fled might not work yet.Fled can not open a Package, if you dont have a package to open.So Lets make a Package.Clik on the yelow and red Fled.exeCoos Seattl.When you are at the black screen of Fled,Clik on File, and choos New Package....tipe Rob Now wate a minit or too, Fled sumtims takes time to open.You should now see the top doun window. The Zor window is bihined it.I dont use the Zor window, I dont think anyone dus.The top down window is looking doun on SeaTac Intl airport.Clik on Objects, and choos Place Models...Clik on Place, and then Clik on the ground.Exit FledSave changes? Yes.Start up FU3, and go to SeaTac Intl in Settl and see the extra runway you,v just put there.But dont wury, you can eesily get rid of it by going back into Fled & openingyour Rob Package, Highlit the runway and press Delete.Or if you look in your Packages Folder, you will fined a Folder named Rob.This is your Package. You can just Delete it.glidernut

Guest Robs

Glidernut (any relation to glider bob?)Thanks got it going.Fled problem seemed t be that 1600x1200 pixels on the desktop makes it crash....I tried chris's fix but that crashed but then I hadn't changed t 800x600!!! I'll try chris's again.I think I'll download some scenery objects next.Rob.

Rob,The "IWorkHere" command allows you to modify the existing airports.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png