Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ansgar

B747: a welcome to the great "Calypso Queen" as new AI!

Guest glidernut

Hi Ansgar A.Well I like it.And thats saying sumthing, cus I got a gruge aganst thees big bugers.Thay never giv way, and I allways cum off werst.Looking forwoerd to the new AI-package.glidernut.:-newburn

Guest twsimfan

Ansgar,Looks great... like all of your projects!

Guest CaptRolo

Ansgar; GREAT !!! I like it Too ,A nice supriseCaptRolo

Guest juvat2

Ansgar,She's a beaut! Will she only be AI, or will the skin be available?Thanks again, incredible,Jim B.

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,You beat me to it, nice one.I've been playing with Lady Penelope for a couple of months now off and on, but I just can't seem to get the textures to not look blocky. What I have got is this:http://www.wheresthefish.co.uk/flt3005.jpghttp://www.wheresthefish.co.uk/flt3007.jpgI managed to get all the textures to line up and so on, but I'm not happy enough with it to release it. I'm also playing with a couple of other liveries including BA and Air Canada. Any handy hints?Cheers,Rich

Guest Ansgar

Hey, hoppla, what a positive response! :-DI didn

Guest Steffen

Hija folks,creating the soundgroup for a "Virgin Atlantic Flight xxx" shouldn't be too hard - if I recall right, there is a spoken airport "Virgil" in the FU3 sounds. Adapting that to "Virgin Atlantic" should be easy. I'll look into that whenever I have some spare time in the near future.Blue Skies,Steffen

Guest R_Driscoll

Breathtaking!These are beautiful planes - I can't tell the difference between theAI and the flyables now.Rob D.

Ansgar,I agree. The latest Virgin Atlantic colour scheme is "the business", so it gets my vote. Your Calypso Queen is also nice......as usual :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Motormouse

Hi Rich,great paintjob !!What size textures are you starting with?If I remember rightly (and no doubt Ansgar will correct me if not!!)the textures should be done in 512x512 then re-sized to 256x256,the model then s t r e t c h e s the texture back to size.From a 'painters' perspective, try omitting the border around the lettering on the fuselage,thats' what is probably causing the blockiness, as a single pixel gets stretched.hope this helps:-wavePete

Guest jonpoint

Lovely job(s) guys! How about the Qantas 'tripping iguana' colour scheme? You know, the red one with all the cave-paintings on it?I do all my textures at 1024x1024 BUT it's HOW you resize them that matters. If you use no antialiasing, the textures look sharper but blocky. If you do, they can look smudgy and faded. The trick is to avoid re-paletting until you've resized and, for good AA, don't use PSP for it. Dunno why but their AA is crap. Try ImageWin (it's free - no useby date, PSP-compatible palette AND it also has much better AA - look at the GeeBee Beta preview shots). Also, you MUST create a new palette if you change colours - the existing one may have some of the colours you want but will always be inferior. 1. Export ALL textures and convert to 24-bit. 2. Copy and paste them all into one large bitmap (2048x2048 etc), along with the one(s) you have created. 3. Convert THAT bitmap to 8-bit using an optimised palette and save the palette. You can delete the large bitmap now.4. Convert all the textures using the new palette and paste them back into the resfile. Don't forget to paste the new palette! Voila! Lovely textures, no artifacts :-beerchugBTW, the max size for textures is 256x256 but many are smaller (32x32). ALL textures can be resized to 256x256 and this will look much better. Just export them, resize them (with some AA to avoid the jaggies) and reimport.For more info, email me :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,I'll send you my working files for Lady P, feel free to make any changes you like. As I said before I've fiddled but not really got anywhere for a bit so it's time to let someone else have a go.She should be pretty close in terms of markings to her current livery, there's plenty of reference material available here:http://www.airliners.netDo a photo search for the registration "G-VFAB" and you should get in the region of 120 images, most of the markings (including the "virgin atlantic") have been grabbed from these images but sometimes the resolution can be a little low. I'd still like to add the Union Jack to the winglets, but I guess we'll have to wait until they're textured ;-).I like the suggestion that Pete and John had about doing everything at a higher resolution. To be honest that hadn't even occurred to me, I just took the textures fron the Lufthansa livery and started from there. I've learned a couple of other things during this repaint (like PSP's limitations), so hopefully the next one won't be quite as painful.Regarding the other repaints, the Air Canada one hasn't really got off the drawing board as yet, all I've got is a collection of reference material. The BA paint job is only in base colours at present. I've got a tail on the port side to help me visualise things better, but it's by no means the finished one (it's positioned wrong for a start). I put this to one side while I tried to finish Lady P. Here's a screenshot to give some idea of progress to date:http://www.wheresthefish.co.uk/flt3006.jpgThanks all for the feedback, it's nice to know someone else likes what you're doing.Cheers,Rich.

Guest DLM

Great job Ansgar!I will be the first to download your new AI package! ;-)Have you noticed any framerate hit using these models?// Daniel