Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

An od anomaly.

Guest glidernut

When I place a model in Fled, my standered arow cursor changes into atargte cursor. "So what you say, thats normal". The problem is, when I cum out of Fled, Iv stil got the targte cursor!Iv got it all the time, in all other aplications.I carnt get rid of it.The only way I can change it back to my standered arow cursor is totern off my PC and then tern it back on agen.Insied the Flight3 Folder there is an icon of the targte.cur.I have tried remooving it, but the same thing stil hapens.Dus this hapen to any one els?Im using windows XP, could this have sumthing to do with it?Is there anything I can do about it?Wel I supose I can live with it, its not a big problem.glidernut. :-laugh1

Guest R_Driscoll

Love your fancy smiley! Is that from FLED too?When you have finished placing your object, left click on "Done" inthe object menu box, and you will get your standard arrow back. You should have the standard cursor back BEFORE you exit FLED.Rob D.

Guest jonpoint

John,I had this problem with a previous PC. It was caused by the bodgy video setup I had (SIS620 I think). When you exited an application it would also change the icons on the screen too sometimes :(Dunno what your system is so I can't offer any thing else except:1. If you log off, then back on, is the problem still there?2. Are you using the basic, standard windows cursors or animated ones?3. If you close FLED using the task manager (instead of just closing it) does it make any difference? (Sometimes, after using FLED, FU3 crashes. If it does, look at the task list, FLED's still there! I have learned to restart the PC now, it seems that sometimes FLED hangs on shutdown).Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Rob D,>Love your fancy smiley! Is that from FLED too?No I got it from just too the left of where you compile your mesage.Where it says "Smilies lookup table",Now I know where everyone els gets em from, theres no holding me.:-ufo2 :-zhelp :-sae ^-^ :-vuur :-jumpyI carnt left click on "Done",cus I havant got a "Done" to left click on.If I had a "Done", I would have "Done" it by nouw.There is no "Done" in the object menu box, not bifor during or after plasinga model.I carnt fined a "Done" anywhere.I think Iv been "Done".Sum one stole my "Done".:-8:-ukliam Jon Point1. If you log off, then back on, is the problem still there?I dont know what you meen by "log off" or log on, I only do that on avsim.If I turn off my computer, and thin back on agen, I get my standard windows cursor back, and everything is OK until I place a model in Fled. 2. Are you using the basic, standard windows cursors.Yes. Iv not chaged the way it looks or operats.3. If you close FLED using the task manager,Hang on, wat is this "task manager".I only have the option to close Fled by using the "File, Exit" or the "red cross" at the top right corner.Sum one stole my task manager. :-waveIm "Done", Im going to bed.glidernut.

Guest jonpoint

>>I carnt left click on "Done", >cus I havant got a "Done" to left click on. >If I had a "Done", I would have "Done" it by nouw. >There is no "Done" in the object menu box, not bifor during >or after plasing >a model. >I carnt fined a "Done" anywhere. >I think Iv been "Done". >Sum one stole my "Done".:-8 >:-ukliam John, when you place items (models) in FLED, you first find the one you want in the list, click on it and the button on the model selector changes to 'place'. If you place the object, the button changes to 'done'. If you don't hit the button, you can continue placing the same object but must hit 'done' before selecting another model to place. - Jon>Jon Point >>1. If you log off, then back on, is the problem still there? >I dont know what you meen by "log off" or log on, I only do >that on avsim. >If I turn off my computer, and thin back on agen, I get my >standard windows >cursor back, and everything is OK until I place a model in >Fled. Sorry, I assumed you use a login but obviously you don't - it's OK! As below, the purpose was to find out if FLED had truly shut down.>>2. Are you using the basic, standard windows cursors. >Yes. Iv not chaged the way it looks or operats. OK.>3. If you close FLED using the task manager, >Hang on, wat is this "task manager". >I only have the option to close Fled by using the "File, >Exit" or the >"red cross" at the top right corner. >Sum one stole my task manager. :-wave >>Im "Done", Im going to bed. >Just hit ++ and up comes a window. There should be a button called task manager or tasks or something (I don't have XP but I am familiar with 98, ME, NT and Win2K). Hitting this button should bring up a list of running applications. The purpose was to see if FLED had really closed or not. Sorry for the confusion!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Jon Point,++ "O!" so thats the task manager, Iv never seen the task manager bifor, it looks compreehensiv and usefall.Presing ++ on preveas PCs and operating systems has only evergiven me the option to without indicateing wat task or tasks are runing.Anyway, my new found task manager in Fed indicates Fled is runing.After exiting Fled, the task manager indicates that Fled has truly shut down,eeven thow Iv stil got the target cursor. Rob D is right, >John, when you place items (models) in FLED, you first find the one you want>in the list, click on it and the button on the model selector changes to 'place'. >If you place the object, the button changes to 'done'. If you don't hit the button, >you can continue placing the same object but must hit 'done' before selecting >another model to place.Yes, thats how Fled should work.But in my Fled it will not change to 'done'. I can get the "place" to change to "Cancel" but not to "done".Dont ask how I got "place" to change to "Cancel" cus I dont know.I was clicking every which where at the time.O well, I can live without a "done".glidernut. :-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

I checked last night. My done was a dumb done - I was thinking of thepath menu for moving objects I think. Or not thinking. On my FLED, the cursor changes to a target when you click on "place", and after you have placed the model, the cursor reverts to the white arrow. So I have misled you. Again. Sorry.:-roll Rob D.

Guest glidernut

Hi Rob D,Thats OK, you not misled me, I new exactly wat you ment.I make alouwanses for peopl living upside doun at the botomof the world.>the cursor changes to a target when you click on "place", and after >you have placed the model, the cursor reverts to the white arrow.Yes thats how Fled is suposed to work.Myin dont.My Fled,s gon wonky. glidernut. :-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Hey, I do not live upside down!I think I will have to rerelease your hangar with the sign upside down. Take that!Anyway, hope you fix your wonky FLED. Sounds like a memory problem (I mean the computers').Gotta go wipe the footprints off the ceiling, cheers!Rob D.