Sign in to follow this  
Guest Motormouse

DLM the Malibu is GRRREEAATTT!

Guest Motormouse

Fine job you've done on the Malibu between you,Daniel,Jeremie,and Ansgar.:-wavePete

Yes, this is a great addition to my hangar! I downloaded it yesterday as it appeared on the Avsim main page. I knew that I had a previous version installed and deleted it. Then I fired up FU3, browsed to the Malibu and took off. I flew it for two hours. I noticed that it had no left, right, quarter back or back bitmaps. Well, it flew nicely and I took it from LA to Santa Rosa. Today I realized that I'd been flying the wrong version *:-* I had yet another old Malibu in my plnpile folder and this was the one that I'd selected. Today I deleted betaMalibu.res and selected the latest version -- the only Malibu currently in my aircraft folder. Full interior views and improved panel!The moral is, make sure you delete ALL the older versions when installing the latest one. They may all look the same in "select aircraft" but it won't look the same once the flight loads :-lolHans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Great job guys, I'm only just now appreciating how much work is involved in all this! Haven't flown it yet but I will tonight. Thanks :-)"The moral is, make sure you delete ALL the older versions when installing the latest one..."Oh yeah! I had this problem with the DC3 v1.20, I went for a test flight just prior to uploading and it didn't register my landing in the logbook. This delayed the upload for at least 24hours :-(Of course, I was flying my hacked V1.1 wasn't I? :-hah Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest DLM

Wow, never thought i would get respond like that! :-)Thanks!During developement i had as many as five different versions of the Malibu in my plnpile folder, need i say there where moments of confusion ;-)// Daniel

Guest glidernut

Thanks Daniel,Its been a long time cuming, but then all good things are werth wateing for.Thats a job well dun, I like it.Wishing you all the best.glidernut. :-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

I have enjoyed the Malibu since the early versions were released - I especially enjoyed Hennie's version, but I think its the Malibu itself which is special - it has a unique feel to it (so does the GB!!) - a lot of power, easy accurate manuerability, small turning circle, easy to take-off, land, can fly close to ground or fly comfortably at 7000 ft, has a well-detailed cockpit with everything you need available (except there is no direction indication in F3 view, and I couldn't find the gauge for adjusting throttle by engine temp but I've probably just missed it?) - its the plane of choice ahead of the Mooney (for me) for pleasure flying.Thanks for all your efforts on making and introducing this community to the Malibu!Regards,Rob D.