Sign in to follow this  

FU II in Windows 2000: no way?

I've bought FU II on a sale, got home, started installing it on my W2000 and... no way. No way?Pedro

Pedro!About installing old sofware in "Win. 2000" I am not sure if it will work as intended.Maybe the advansed users of this O.S can tell.( may be ansgar).Win.2000 is the perfect OS. for office applications and network,but for a multi PC-user like myself, using both old and new software,including the internet appl. and "dos", it is for me perfect using the"Win 98SE".I have tried the new "MS.XP", but my mashine got into trouble handling old software like the good FU-series, and others made for win.95/98.So, for my privat computer today the Win 98 SE. is the perfect choiseof this, and if you use your computer only for private allround, "games/pleasure" I would go for the "Win.98SE"This O.S can handle almost everything if you are not connected to Advanced networks during your job.That said,-I do not want to make A war of what is "best".Just my two cent's for making people into less trouble, using old software.Good Luck!Lars Peter.

Guest Ansgar

Hello Pedro,It seems Lars Peter remembered my old thread about this problem a bit ;-)Indeed I made this installation some month ago and it was successfull. Sure it was a bit tricky, but no real problem to install and run FU2 under Win2000! ;-) :-)Here I give you the link to my exact archived advice/description how you can get it run. I wish you much success and a lot of fun!If you have problems to follow please mail again.Best regards :-)Ansgar A.

Ansgar,did you forget the link, or did I miss it?Pedro

Can you post the screenshot again?Thanks,Pedro

Guest Ansgar

Hi Pedro,did you mean the screenshot in the old thread??? I didn

I meant the registry shot with the path location.I don't know what key name is FUII expecting.Thanks,Pedro

Guest Ansgar

Ohhhh Boy,excuse me Pedro, if I had read my thread again I would know what you miss... ;-) It seems that avsim removed the screenshots from time to time.....if I only had made an own copy....agrrrrr :-(The problem is, that I really have no HDD-place to reinstall it actually, but if I remember right you only have to add the application path for the flight2.exe file. I add you here the direct key(s) which must be added. First add the following main key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp PathsFLIGHT2.EXEUnder this key you add the following subkey

Ansgar,I managed to edit the registry and to apply the patch.Unfortunately, when I run FUII I get an error, and I can't see the error message, because the screen is all black.I'll keep trying... Thanks for all the help.Pedro Chagas