Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Do you dream in colours?

Guest jonpoint

FUN really does come in different colours :-) As the GeeBee V1.0 release draws nearer I thought I'd give you all a peek at the 'other' livery set! This will be released as an upgrade package of files with a Resviewer script for those that prefer yellow (or the 'GeeBee-7-7-Victor' callsign)! The textures shown here actually use the pre-beta R2 palette so, like the pre-beta previews posted recently, are a compromise. Both liveries in the V1.0 release will have better colour rendering with their own palettes. Whilst I cannot render reflections in FU3, the textures will hopefully be as good as possible :-)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e2dc90c40977d61.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e2dc940416a59a2.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e2dc974428a1a3d.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e2dc9ac43b495c4.jpgGeeBee city! One in foreground, one on the apron and another center rear) flying past low and fast...http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e2dc9e844918eab.jpgBy the way, the name just below the cockpit glass on the right is "GeeBee Jim". After all, he was the voice in the background shouting out "GeeBee" every time someone asked what new planes people wanted! :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

This looks great Jon. Can't wait to take her for a spin!Seeing these screenshots does prompt me to ask a rather embarrassing question...just how do you take screenshots then!?!Graeme McMillanEngland

Guest jonpoint

Graeme,Thanks ;)Just hit ++

and you'll save your current screen to your FU3 home directory as a BMP file. Resolution is the same as screen reolution so for good shots (stuff the frame rates!) I always use 1024x768. I then convert them by resizing or cropping to 800x600 JPGs before uploading - watch the maximum Avsim JPG upload size - 120kb.Hope this helps :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest glidernut

Hi Graeme,When flying, presCtrl + Alt + pYou can take as meny as you lick.You will fined the snapshots in your Flight3 Folder named flt3000.bmpflt3001.bmpflt3002.bmpflt3003.bmpand so on and so on.Just open the file with your standard "Paint" program. Then select save as and save it in a *.jpg format which will make it a lot smaller inmemory size.If your snapshot is to big or the rong format, you will get an err mesage.It must be no biger than 125Kb try 115It would also be good to reduce its sise to 640x480.With the snapshots on the desk top, redy to go.Right your mesig in the Forum and clik on clik on and browse.Up lode one snapshot at a time. Clos and do not click Preevu just post mesig.Well iv gon to the troubl of righting this, so Im guna poste it.glidernut

Guest twsimfan

Jon,Both versions look outstanding. Thank you.Just a tiny caution... Tom Allensworth has stated that AVSIM's policy is that all screenshots should not exceed 700 width. We don't have a high volume of pics in this forum and I don't push the point here. I only mention it now because you said you resize them to 800X600. Please do NOT consider this as a warning or anything resembling one. :) I think the main concern is in the screenshot forum.

Guest jonpoint

Thanks for that, Tom!I do appreciate the limitation however I suppose my reasons for 800x600 are many-fold(!!?!)In order for the screenshots to look half as good as they do before upload, I try not do any resampling. Most shots are just cropped to 800x600 and converted to JPG. I only resize shots when the aircraft fills the shot ;)I do my JPG conversions based purely on filesize - in other words, I tune the JPG compression to create files 100-115kb in size. The advantage of this is, in shots with complex backgrounds, the compression is barely visible. Shots with lots of sky are bad because the process cannot compress the palette :-(I am very careful to control filesize as I understand this is the major 'bandwidth stealer' as far any site goes and I believe that a shot that's compressed on-screen to say, 640x480 still looks better than one uploaded at 640x480 then streched back out when someone views the site at 1024x768. I assume that most people with 17"+ monitors would use 1024x768 anyway. The few shots I've uploaded at 640x480 ended-up looking pretty jaded :-PIn future I suppose I should try 700x525 ;)BTW, speaking of screenshots, see my latest posting!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Thanks for all the advice on screenshots guys. I didn't think I'd get such a lively debate going!Here are some of my first efforts.I'm not sure how to title the pictures though, rather than getting them all to appear in a row with no lines of text separating them.I await your advice!CheersGraemeUKPS. I've just previewed them and they've come out quite small! 6 inches across isn't as big as I thought. Must keep practising!

Guest DLM

Now this is exactly what i was looking for! :-jumpy Thank you Sir! // Daniel

Guest Motormouse

Hi Graeme,if you're using a 'joykeys.cfg' add this line to itfor one keystroke screenshots,f11 console func Print_ScreenThis will take a screenshot if you push button f11,saves all that ctrl+alt+P, never enough fingers to go around!!If you do not have a 'joykeys.cfg',simply add one,create a new textfile in the main flight 3 folder, cut and paste the line above,then rename the text file to 'joykeys.cfg'.Hope this helps:-wavePete