Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

With respect, to Richard Harvey...

Guest twsimfan

I hope everybody will take a minute to look at this post on the Fly Forum:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID14/2722.htmlI have had a few disagreements with Richard... regarding Fly. But always respectful in nature. I always found it admirable that he so passionatly defended his "baby". Of course he not only defended it but always made every attempt to resolve all issues.The man is a true class act and his departure will be a sad day for the flight simming community as a whole. We need more like him.

Yes, I read it. I also read his previous anchored post where he explained that he was running out time, yet he would try to finish the last patch.He and the Fly team did finish the patch. Imagine being able to focus on improving computer code when you know that you'll be leaving within the next 3 months. He was even apologetic that he wasn't able to do more. I would like to try the latest version of Fly. I think that would be the best way to honor Richard Harvey and besides, Fly as well as X-plane have their strong points. best regards,Hans Petter

Hans,You are quite right. How someone can concentrate on improving computer code under such circumstances is beyond me. In fact, this reminds me of a French astronomer who was imprisoned and awaiting the guillotine during the French Revolution in 1794. Apparently, just before he was executed, he was able to provide a colleague of his with an improved orbit calculation for Halley's Comet !It is amazing what certain people can do under extreme conditions.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have just read that message from Richard Harvey, and I don't mind saying on this forum that it made me cry. I hope that he finds his paradise, and maybe we will all join him one day.My best wishes to Richard and his family.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

I can not deny that this his last official letter made me feel both sadness and the deepest sympathy for him and his family.During the little contact i have had with him he have always been most kind and helpful. In likeness of Hans-Petter and Chris it is above my understanding where he finds the strength to concentrate in making flight simulator software during what must be the most difficult time of his life.I dedicate my most sincere and best wishes to him. // Daniel

Yes,I have read the messages, and I'm among the others at Avsim very sad.My sincerely thoughts goes to Richard Harvey's family.I have also myself seen the eyes of death,-both in my own family, andfriends starting just before this Christmas.Four people of my close nabours just died, all friends,- including my own father who was a very loved college at my job for over 20 year.I did find him outside the garage at home just after work. He was for me the last years my closest friend, and he died with his boots on just like he wanted it to be,-unexpected.This is always sad, but the way of life.(This is maybe out of topic, but I could not help it).Richard Harvey is one of the seldom remaining persons who has given all for what he belives in. That is something what I really respect, and he has also together with the "FLY TEAM" supported any user of this product.From my side of the world-(living in scandinavia), my deepest sympathygoes to Richard Harvey's family.I do not know him personally, but I do know his exellent work.Take care of your family!One of many flight,simmer's.Lars Peter.

I worked with him and his group beta testing Fly!II. Its a wonderful thing to find someone so passionate and dedicated to their work. He wanted nothing more than for people to enjoy the fruits of his hard work. 16hrs a day away from his family to work on the sim.This has been a long battle for him. Blue skies lay ahead.