Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Can anyone help ?

An FU3 user has e-mailed me, asking for help with the following problem:-I have a PIII 750 384mb with a MSI NVIDIA MX440 card using Dir X 8.1 and the UK 2.0 patch. Flight 3 is working on the initial screens. However when 'fly' is selected the Map Terrain is shown as normal, but when the programme says 'Model Cache' (just before it calculates the A.I. routes) the programme pauses for approx 5 seconds and fails, reverting back to Windows 98. I have fiddled with also resolution and graphics settings within the programme but no luck; it always crashes at this exact point.What is strange is that the programme worked fine until my Hard Drive failed, necessitating a replacement. Upon reinstalling Win 98 and the programme with everything the same, this is when the above problem has happened. I have downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card, and have upgraded from Direct X 8.1 to 9.0 but no luck.Will modifying any Flight 3 config files help as I suppose the programme is very close to working?!So, does anyone here have an idea what the problem could be ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Try remooving the cfg file from the Flight3 Folder.starting FU3 without a cfg file will prompt FU3 to create a new one.Wel its werth a try.glidernut.

Guest Ansgar

Hmmmm, if he had this effect after an HDD failure the question is how he recreated the datas?If he replaced the files from an older backup of the old HDD and get from this FU3 and/or Win98, it is highly recommended to remove FU3 completely and start an clean FU3 reinstall with installing the patch after this. He direct should start after installing the patch an testflight before doing anything else!I assume then that there are also in the backup some clusters were damaged during taking the backup.If he already had done an clean FU3 install the question is, if he really removed all the old files? May it be some were wright-protected or are coming from an old backup, and so are still the same old ones?The third is to check the new HDD for any viruses in Win98 and to check the directX with its test program. I heard that directX 9.0 was tricky at some time, or with some hardware combinations, and therefore I didn

Guest glidernut

This is not a 100% cleaer statment, its a littl bit ambiguas.Is the insterlation of FU3 from the discs, or a back up copy of wat it was.If its a back up copy, and you have a packages folder in the Flight3 Folder, try remooving it. The problem could be one or more packages.Or as Ansgar says, remove FU3 completely and start an clean FU3 reinstall with installing the patch after this.Sumthing els.Try starting Fu3 by starting a chalange or a traning Black box lesson.Sumthing els.Having used the UK 2.0 patch on my FU3 I then made a back up copy of thepatch, and put it on a floppy disc fore safe keeping.Later on when I needed the pach, it did not work.But douwn lowding a fresh pach did work.So try douwn lowding a fresh pach from hear. This takes you to the UK patch,Inserdently, My UK FU3 discs are Black Blou & a derty yelow.I dont know wat couler the US or the Germany vershons are.Sumthing els.I have thees tow lines in my cfg file. Try puting them in yours.skip_directx_check skip_mem_check