Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rich Wren

Virgin Atlantic B747

Rich,Don't forget the Union Jack on both winglets !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Rich Wren

I tried believe me, unfortunatly the model has no winglet textures so I couldn't. Ansgar knows about this problem so hopefully we'll see a fix in the next revision :-)Incidentally, I uploaded it about two hours ago and I've got the confirmation email but it has yet to appear in the library. Any idea how long it might take?Cheers,Rich.

Rich,It should be there by this time tomorrow, or even earlier.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

Hi Rich,Help,The import Failed.Iv tryed importing your repanint it into the B747_400.res & the B747_SP.resIv tryed renameing them to Ladypenelope.res ferst, but no good.The import stops harf way throo.I would have prefered to doun-lowd the compleet aicraft, inspite of theFile size, and avoid useing res vewer all to gether.The res vewer has its owne problems on sum operating sistem setings.That way even a compleet newbe,s can have it too.Can others import it OK, Or is it just me?Perhaps its my Windows XP setings? but my res vewer seems to work OK onthings things. glidernut, looking a gift-hors in the mouth.

Guest Ansgar

Hello glidernut,I just made a short test, and it worked fine for me. So as Rich stated correct in his resdme.txt, you should use the last original version of my B747-400 which is version V1.13!If you didn

Guest Ansgar

Hmmmm, the crashed program "DCL2ZIP.EXE" is the package program Gideon is using in CockpitDesigner and ResViewer. I know the question might be silly, but did you have enough HDD-space free on the partition youre working on? The program may create and use temporary files during import/export. And if there is not enough space it crashes.Or are there any problems with accessing rights at the folders you

Guest Rich Wren

Hi glidernut,Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having, I've had a go at replicating them without much success. I downloaded resviewer v1.3, the 747 (v1.13) and my package from the archive, as well as Gideon's patch from his site (any reason why this isn't in the archive?). I installed resviewer on my laptop (XP home) and tried the import with both the patched and unpatched versions of resviewer. No luck I'm afraid.Is there any useful info in the error report? I have to admit I've always just cancelled them but maybe it gives you a more detailed version of events than simply "an error has occurred". Even an error code can be useful as they can be looked up in MS's Knowledge Base. What happens if you login as the user "Administrator" and try the import again? Do you get the same error with any of the other skin-jobs out there (available on Gideon's website along with the resviewer patch)?Rich.

Hi!Downloading and import of "script" without any problems.Using res.viewer ver.1,3,2,0.Make sure there are no spaces in the name of your "res.file"before importing the script. This new repaint is very good.Thank's for uploading.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest juvat2

Hi Rich,Thats a really nice repaint. Great addition to my growing 747 fleet.Thank you,Jim B.

Guest glidernut

Ansgar,(Q) Did I have enough HDD-space free on the partition?(A) Yes, its 80% free.No partitions.Big memory.(Q) Are there any problems with accessing rights at the folders you

Guest Ansgar

Hello Glidernut,what I can see in your above messages is that you installed ResViewer in a long, long path! If I remember correct it may be possible that Gideon

Guest glidernut

Thank you Ansgar youv dun it agen. Do you know, every time I tiped out (Lady_Penelope.res) I was thinkingto my self, "File nams are only suposed to be 8 characters or les",But it never acered to me that this rool aplyed to paths.glidernut in switzerland, I need the extra landing space.

Guest Rich Wren

Glad to see you've got it working.My version of resviewer is installed under F:program filesflight3resviewer so you shouldn't have a problem with that sort of path length. There is probably an 8-subdirectory or 100 character limit or similar somewhere in there but I'm not going to find out exactly what it is, chances are high Gideon knows about it already.Have fun,Rich.