Sign in to follow this  

Slight newbie problem...

So I loaded FUIII, installed SanFran. Patched (US). When I select quick flight, it opens the screen with me at about 1000ft and my plane crashes into the ground. All the while the "Press E to start engine" is on the screen.What have I done.I did load the two super packs by Chris Low, the Trainer update and the C182. But the problem occurs with any aircraft.Thanks in advance.Ed

Guest juvat2

Hi Ed,Is this a new occurance? Had Fu3 been functioning correctly previously?At which region and airport does this occur? Try this as an experiment. At the main screen select airport, then region-Seattle. Hit escape key. Select quick flight, select starting location. This brings up the Hi-res map of the Hi-res Seattle region. The bubbles represent airports. Bubbles with anchors are amphib bases. Select the Seattle bubble (one of the blue ones). A little pop-up appears, select parking location. Click on the airplane on the left tool bar. This begins a flight with you at the Seatac Int airport at the parking location, "chocked".If you'd like to start airborne with engines running, click on the map away from a bubble, the pop-up appears, but lets you select an altitude as an option. When you first start flight in this configuration, you are at full throttle, straight and level. Lnd at an airport in hi-res seattle. Hit escape key. Then try and fly again, this time at a hi-res seattle airport parking location.To see what the function are for the left hand tool bar, click on the "?" at the bottom of it.I had the same happen to me after I first installed Fu3 along with the Hi-res Sanfran region. If my memory serves me right(and it rarely does anymore), selecting the Seattle region from the airport screen and beginning a flight from a parked location, taking-off then landing, somehow "fixes" Fu3 from dropping you like that. Either the terrain elevation gets raised or Fu3 starts dropping from a much lower alt (couple of feet instead of thousands of feet).Hopefully this gets you logging hours in this fabulous flt sim.Take care,Jim B.

Jim, you fixed it. By not selecting quick flight, and going the long way into the sim, I was able to taxi, takeoff and land normally (for me anyway). After that, quick flight works fine.Don't know what that was about, but as long as its gone, I'm happy.Thanks