Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

New airport planned

Guest R_Driscoll

I intend to start work on Gatwick if there are no objections or no-one else is working on it.Rob D.

Guest Robs

Rob,Do you want the Airfield plate for Gatwick (similar to Heathrow?)How much file size is comfy to download? (I will adjust resolution to suit)I am waiting on my UK scenery to arrive. I would like to try my hand at Filton Airfield!I am have had a go with fled and seem to be able to put my shed where I want. Just got a problem with the texture on the roof - it is the right colour- slate grey- but the slates seem to be a lot lower res than the texture file I created- I'll muck about a bit first!I have just download Chris Lows Sanfran 2002 and was going to see what is comfy on the old polygons!Anyway email me back as this is usually quicker.Rob

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes! thankyou. I have sent you an email.Loss of texture: 1) Did you change resolution in making the GIF file? (I usually make BMP images in 512x512, then reduce to 256x256) 2) More likely, conversion to the SanFran palette has reduced detail a little. 3) Also possible, are you close to the shed when viewing it? FU3 displays models in reduced detail at greater distance (this is the purpose of having MIP files, which contain many versions of the original texture at different resolutions down to 1x1 !!).Rob D.

Guest Quaxo

Robert, I want Stansted! :) Please, please, do it sooner or later! It's the only UK airport where I've landed for real... ;-)Cristian

Guest twsimfan

Gatwick & Heathrow are the only 2 "English" airports that I have flown into & out of. Outstanding! Now if Cristian expands to Ireland I'd like to request Dublin & Cork ;-)

Guest qvdg

For General Aviation traffic a good example is Biggin Hill, it is well situated and has of course lots of history. When I had the flat version UK scenery I used Fled to place some hangars (based on airport diagram) , fencing one or two cows and of course lots of trees and made it my home base. All that was missng was a Fled model of train to get to the centre of London !

Guest Robs

I have flown out of afew airports!Londonderry only has a couple of flights per day it seemed when I was standing around.Shannon has lots of interesting Industrial buildings. Time to paint Ansgars 747 with shamrocks!!!Biggin hill is a good idea but we don't have a hurricane or chipmunk!Again if you want to work on these I will send you relevant airfield plates!!!

Guest glidernut

qvdg,Did you say you got a train ?Do not throw your package away, its stil there under the terrane.All you have to do is open your package in Fled (edit airport)and clik on the ground anywhere,and all the models in that package will snap to the new terane hight.Iv just installed Robert D,s Heathrow, and all the models was 20 feetoff the ground.But it took les time to put them all back on the ground using Fledthan it has to right this mesage.Im just off to explor Robert,s Heathrow properly.the snap-shots dont do it justis.Its even got a rotateing radar.glidernut, :-laugh1

Guest Quaxo

Hi Glidernut,You said Heathrow's buildings were 20 feet off? Strange... Did you download the latest version? Also, it needs the terrain to be flattened (with GeoTilesViewer): did you do that? Unless, you will have a "bumpy" runway, and problems with the runways textures...Cristian

Guest glidernut

Iv just douwn lowded the needels package,There is sum instructions in that on how to use the geotilesviewer25.Iv got to put my thinking cap on.Sory to take up room on sumone elses thred.glidernut.

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm happy to go on to Stansted after Gatwick. But to do Biggin Hill or London or any of these others, I would have to charge double. It takes me some time to make each airport - I can only release one about every two months I think! So I'll just work on Gatwick, release that, then renegotiate as to what you would like next. Probably Stansted - I think Cristian has earned it!Glidernut, there was a terrain patch (agtim of course!) to flatten Heathrow for you, on the AVSIM library, just before my Heathrow package. Try it, then you will probably have to raise your models again! But at least your runway won't be too bumpy. Its called "flatheathrow".And being flat, you won't need your gliderWhoops sorry delete that!!! Sacrilege!;) Rob D.

Guest R_Driscoll

Just to whet your appetites, here are some aerial shots of Gatwick. Ignore the scaffolding, gantries, cranes etc. The new control tower is just to the right of the bays in the middle picture.Just ignore that old plane in the foreground ;)Rob D.

Guest jonpoint

Yeah, Rob! You've got an old one ;)No wires, blunt edges, smeared graphics, fogged-up glass, one-side textured prop, no pilot, no inner tail textures, weird cowling - betcha it flies funny too....Sheeeesh! You must have the pre-Beta! :~PJust promise me that you'll delete it when you get the new one (very soon - Steve's on the job)?Wait'll ya see it folks :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************