Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

Did you spill your pint on my logbook?

Guest Robs

Hi AllSome logbook questions are bothering me;1) Is it possible to log more than 100 flights in a log book?2) Is it possible to log more than 100 minutes in any flight?3) Is it possible to log gliding time (engine off!) in the stemme?(with engine on it logs fine but stops adding engine off minutes)Has anyone come across any of these?Rob.

Guest R_Driscoll

My first logbook went to 99 entries then stopped logging. Other peoplehave logged many more flights than this, so I don't know why it stopped.I would love to have a log-book editor (don't listen FAA), to erase the groundloops, somewhat adjacent landings etc. Then maybe I could match the number of takeoffs to landings.Rob D.

Guest Quaxo

Rob, there IS a logbook editor. It was designed for FU2, but works perfectly with FU3. It was done in 1998 by Pat McElhatton. I don't know where you can find it though; the exe file (the only file needed) is called "fu2pilot.exe".I use this program to remove the short test flights (often only a few seconds), so they don't take valuable space in the logbook (which IS limited, in my case, to 99 entries).I hope this helps! :)Cristian

I just checked and mine is at 474 take-offs and 473 landings. Thus, it does go beyond 99. However, the file size has stayed at 33.8 kb since time immemorial -- it seems that the log doesn't get bigger.Regarding my single missed landing -- well, it happens to the best of pilots ;-)(Actually, I backed up the log and put the good one back whenever I did a stupid mistake :-))Hans Petter