Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

Checking out new towns? (cnfg question

Guest Robs

Hi AllWhen you fly from the generic scenery into the high res area (like flying into the san fran area, is there anyway of telling FU3 to just load the new region without asking you to press y to load it?Also when I tried the swizerland scenery it seemed to occupy the same area as seattle and was forever swapping between switzerland and seattle.How do you stop this?(I have uninstalled it but am ready for a complete reinstall if someone can give me the complete thickies guide!!!)Rob

You can't fly between Seattle and SF without this question. If you fly from the ot to the region choose this region when you start FU.Move the folder SEATTLE anywhere before you start FU3 to fly in Switzerland.B.Adamski

Guest Robs

Isn't there any other way to get Switzerland and seattle to coexist?

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes. MOVE the REGIONSareas files to a temp directory. Then to fly in Switz, MOVE the Swiss area back to REGIONS before starting FU3. I.e. only keep the area you want to fly over in the active directory.And you can't fly from Switzerland to Seattle. Same with UK. San Fran is special - it can be co-loaded. You can fly (theoretically) from San Fran to UK (i've never done it - I think you can! - but you would steer NE to just East of Seattle! Has anyone tried this?)Rob D.(and there are already several other answers on this site!)

Guest Robs

Rob DActually I have flow from Sanfran to Seattle and back again.You have to start as though you in outer terrain with no radio support.You enter the flight in the region you want to land. Theny click the current location to place you at your takeoff location and then click the USA icon which allows anywhere like LAX and then one of the major region airports sanfran or seatac become available for you to take off.You still get the high res scenery but no radio (except in your target region)Takes a while so choose something speedy (SR71 at Mach 3 still takes a while!)I can't get my outer terrain beacons to work.Does anyone know of interesting resources for outer terrain?Rob

Guest R_Driscoll

Yes, go to Markus Brunner's page, Rob. He provides many packages and tools for the outer terrain, including the ability to use your radio on flights from San fran to Seattle!http://www.geocities.com/in_04/I keep the outer terrain installed, as I (like you) enjoy the occasional long flight, and the Grand Canyon area in particular is very well done (generic scenery, but accurate topography!) and has some neat little airports around it.Rob D.