Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Gtl Editor

Guest juvat2

Hi Fellas,Started fooling around again with Dirty Mac's Gtl Editor. Since I had downloaded it, I'd never got it to open a gtl file. Always got an error message. Finally looked into it again, and found gtl.dll needed registering. Registered it with Regsvr32.exe and now can open the gtl files.He states in his read me that 10awab.gtl is San Diego and 10ahas.gtl is San Fran(won't fool with San Fran, as I have Fu2). I hope you all can tell me how it is a fella knows what part of the map each gtl covers? Dirty Mac popped in here once when Hans and I were working on texturing the Grand Canyon area about a year(?) ago and am hoping he'll come back and share his knowledge; unless you guys already know?Here's a map I extracted from the Fu3 resources. I down sized for posting here, its originally 2560x1920. Is there a way to overlay a grid over it with the gtl co-ords exactly over the outer terrain areas they cover? Thats the only way I imagine the textures can be applied where we intend them to be.I've succeeded in adding more textures to the default ones that he supplied in his tool. It appears all the outer terrain textures(or any we create) can be added, and therefore placed where we want with out generating the long-lat in flt.cfg.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e3b49d32065d9d6.jpgHere's a shot of the Gtl Editor. This is the San Diego gtl file 10awab:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e3b4bbd24c3690b.jpgYou all take care,Jim B.

I couldn't start this editor too, so I don't remember, if I still have it. Could you say the name of the file ? And where to get the Regsvr32.exe file ?B. Adamski

Guest juvat2

Hi Bogdan,GtlEditor is available here at the library:ftp://205.252.89.41/dynamic/63/63dedd6d8c...8/gtleditor.zipOne of the sights for Regsvr32 is available here:http://www.wizard-net.com/download/Files/regsvr.exeI looked closer too late at my original posting. Sorry for the double image uploads. Was away looking for any free color images of San Diego. No luck finding anything in color. Had I been successful, would've been a matter of converting to tga, use the outer terrain pallet, then slice to 64x64 or 128x128, apply the Fu3 required naming, add to Rules.txt with "no" rotation to ensure "use_loose" in flt.cfg would be ok. Figured we at least know what that gtl is, and thought to use it as a "test mule" with the editor.I noticed a little comment at the beginning of one of the LG documents, "Should we ever cover the world, use negative co-ordinates." Have to head to work now,You all take care,Jim B.