Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Unlimited Design

Is anyone else on this forum experiencing problems with downloads from Daniel Lindstrom's Unlimited Design website ? I cannot get anything to download at a sensible speed. I have tried downloading the Learjet 45, but it stops and starts irregularly, and the average transfer rate drops to below 500 bytes per second ! When I tried this with the KingAir 350, it downloaded a total of 2.79Mb of the 6Mb+ file in ONE HOUR, and then failed.Daniel is well aware that I am having problems, but I would like to know if anyone else here is suffering in a similar manner :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm currently downloading the Learjet with no problems.14.6 kb/s on my 128K line.IanP.S. Just finished downloading fine. Got all 7.54MB.

Another no -- I just got the Cris Low Kingair and everything's fine. With my current DSL connection it took a couple of minutes. I believe the problem may be the British access provider logging you off. (I remember Chris told us about some ISP-imposed time limit). If you use a standard modem it would be wise to use a downloader that resumes where it was being interrupted. Most sites support resumable downloads these days. Unlimited Design is definitely not on a slow server but as all servers it may quit if a request takes too long to complete.My tip, if you have low bandwidth and an unstable connection it really makes sense to use a downloader (GetRight, Go!Zilla etc) to avoid losing a partial download.Hans Petter

That's what puzzles me Hans. My 64kbps ISDN connection is ultra reliable, and it is having no problems whatsoever downloading files from other sites at a steady 7K per second.I am baffled.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robs

Chris,Could you mail me a link to this site?I have downloaded a kingair from Avsim - I take it the one your are talking about is hot off the press!Rob.

Rob,The "Chris Low" version of the KingAir 350 can be found at Daniel Lindstrom's UNLIMITED DESIGN website, at the following address:-hem.bredband.net/b150636This has an improved VFR cockpit that allows you to see more of the scenery when looking through the front window ! :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

Chris,To me it seems as if you are the only one having problems(?)However if more people have the same problem i will give some attention to it. Rob,Here

Daniel,You have probably read my last e-mail by now, but I successfully downloaded the "Chris Low" KingAir 350 from your website, and this was done at my normal transfer speed of 7K per second. It seems that the problem has been sorted out.......but it was nothing to do with me :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest DLM

Chris,Yupp, i got your mail!I guess it must have been a bad node somewhere(?)// DanielPs. Check your mail.