Sign in to follow this  
agtim

To all airport builders

Currently I am working on the new elevation model for UK_South. The alinement of the landscape and sea border was rather bad in my first version. The only available DTED Mil.spec. ascii/float grid data is a rectangular arrangement also but it will not fit with our texture. Now I have adjusted as good as possible a generated single map with the level5 map as generated with level57maker.exe. Elevation from other sources are unusable, worse or has a unknown data structure (FS2002,Fly,ProPilot). The DTED data are from the same source as suggested for Fly2k Terrascene.The east part from the Needles to Margate is cut and imported. With my new version 3.0 of GeoTileViewer released soon all pits disappeared, but now you recognize misplaced hills and valleys and its looks bad when a river is on top of a hill. Fine tuning of the megatiles are now just done at the airport locations. 143 Megatiles are finished now (30%) and a bunch of flattened airport areas also. I need about 10 to 20 days to finish the full set and send the large geotiles.tag file to Quaxo. If you want to start building an airport just now then ask first (a.meystre@agtim.ch) for the height of the flattened area and use a flat area of the same height and location to place the models or you will have to set all the model again when height has changed. You can do this using GeoTilesViewer 2.5 from avsim lib., then delete the tile and add the tile as new with the wanted elevation, but save your geotiles.tag file before doing this.To use the last upload of Robert's Heathrow the entry in the flat area dialog is 78 ft to fit the modells.Other airports currently set: London City is 5ft, Stansted 328ft, Lydd 11ft, Southend 46ft, Biggin Hill 492ft.The airport elevation in some lists and sims are wrong, so I use now the real geographic values found with the 1:25000 multimaps. When you look at this maps you can see clearly if the runway is on a hill or in a valley and then I have to tune the elevation to get it right. This is very time consuming and explain the delay for the full set. Keep and maintain a builder list in the forum to avoid double builds, there are enough airports in the UK-South area for all ;-)http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/e0UKSouth.jpg:-wave agtim

Guest glidernut

agtimNever mined the misplaced hills and valleys.Wat your doing now sounds a lot better than wat we got.Im just so gratefall to you and all the others for doingthis for the rest of us.All this would be imposibl without you.Thanks :-waveSow me a slope, and Iill show you lift.Glidernut.:-laugh1

Hi Glidernut,Is the slope on the hills around the Needles long enough ?After Quaxo get the file I will make an elevation update for Switzerland without pits :-):-wave agtim