Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

No seattle map- just desktop!

Guest Robs

Hi allHelp!I have a problem with my seattle map.Every time I try to access the in flight map (using M) or try and move location in quickflight (where the program would look at the map) or use the flight planner, FU3 drops back to the desktop.I seem to be able to fly around fine as normal but just can't view the map.This happened just after installing the seattle 2002 pack (which looks superb from what I have seen of it whic is seatac!). Can anyone give me some clue as to checking what files should be where or which might interfere with what.Rob.

Guest R_Driscoll

There is a common problem when loading new packages (the add-on sceneries placed into the PACKAGES folder are called packages) - some packages seem to clash with others. There are several messages before on how to deal with this, but the basic method is to make a temporary directory, remove packages until the sim works again, then add them back carefully. Sometimes you can isolate one package which is the "culprit", but this varies with setup. Also there are maximum limits on packages which are easily exceeded if you have also installed Frank's packages or outer terrain.I hope this solves it!

Guest Robs

Have solved it.For others I removed harbour field, kimshan ranch, leisureland airpark, moss field, pacemaker LZ, port orchad, sorrell airpark.I took them out together in a chunk so this isn't optimisted but does work.I didn't proactively install outer terrain but it seems from what others have said it has turn up in the default install of seattle and sanfran!So I unnderstand there is a limit to the number of airfields in a region due to the number airport Icons. I think I will do a complete new install of FU3 dedicated only to my UK scenery when I get it firstly.Is it possible to do smaller airports as poi's? (and just provide details of runway layout) - Just place scenery down? Anyway this could interact with AI aircrafts?(I am thinking that if the number of airports grow then 25 in UK south may be a bit small! but the I haven' done 25 airports yet!!!)Rob.

Rob,You can have a lot more than 25 airport icons on a high resolution area map. After all, both areas have considerably more than this to begin with !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png