Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

Looking for stonehenge

Guest qvdg

To cheer myself up after a very bad day for Aerospace I decided to get some air and try to find Stonehenge armed with a 1:500 000 chart and a trusty UK travel guide. I headed off from Bembridge tracked over Southhampton and Salisbury. The travel guide showed it to be in a triangle near a motorway and indeed it was - just off the left wing tip in the last picture. Just to show with FU3 we can do real aerial tourism whilst practising our navigation skills.Well it took my mind off the bad news for a little while.Cheers,QvdG

Stonehenge is actually situated adjacent to the A360, and the car park can be seen across the road. The road that is just to the left of Stonehenge in the picture is the A303, which is NOT a motorway :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

qvdg,Thats a cowinsidens, Iv just dun exactly the same thing.Having found it I marked the spot with a POI icon.You know them little goled icons, just incace sumone wantedto fiend it and do a small package fore it.But not me, I carnt make stons, I can put a few cars in thecar park on the other sied of the road, but carnt do stonse.If sumone wants to have a go then take a note of qvdg,s lastsnap-shot and put this line in your UK-South POI.txt.584680.56250 265421.43750 Stonehenge.Having an icon on the map is so much eezyer than trying tofined it your self.If sum one dus want to have a go, then let me know, glidernut.john.lewis@freeuk.com

Guest glidernut

qvdg, Chris is right about the road.He is allways right, I hate that, but dont tell him I sed so.Anyway. I bet when you was folowing the road looking for Stonehenge,you was not looking out fore other air trafik?Nither was I.Its a wunder we didant crash hed on.Iv got sum more lines fore the UK-South POI.txtI did them yesterday.We can have as meny as 72 linse bifor FU3 crashes,(I think)glidernut. :-wave664721.31250 265558.90625 Wight Aircraft.602395.75000 207925.82813 The Needles.730121.25000 287839.25000 Brands Hatch.781401.87500 261400.70313 M20 moterway.469710.59375 221114.68750 M5 moterway.

Well, I'm not always right. I distinctly remember saying once that FS2K2 was "quite good" :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Glidernut - I have grabbed your "info-icons" and willadd them to my file. I look forward to finding Stonehenge.Rob D.

Guest Robs

Guys,Firstly if you have ever driven on the A303 you will know it IS a motorway in all but lanes, names and safty. Many accidents occur at the A360 and A303Here is a chance for you to find some out POI's (I am really looking forward to getting my UK scenery, I am not chasing you christian!! just looking forward to it!) and also to post some snapshots on the forumGo look for the goodwood classic race cicuit nr chichester (should be around n5051.55w00045.55 if christian has it right!. Take a picture!This should have a grass strip in the center (32R) amongst othersOr can you find lands end? (airport at n5006.16 W00540.23). Need to put the famous "First and Last" Pub there and have ATC route planes to the Isle of scilly!How about Portland bill? (around n5050 w00350 ish)or did christian include Lundy n5130 w00450 ishHappy touring...don't forget the snaps!RobRob.

Guest Quaxo

Hello Rob,"I am really looking forward to getting my UK scenery, I am not chasing you christian!! just looking forward to it!"...You said you wished to wait until the last update is ready, that's why I'm waiting... Your first 7 CD's are ready, just waiting for Andr

Guest Robs

Christian,I know you are waiting to get the last update in- I am very happy with that and very grateful.I was just saying I can't wait -everyone else is talking about it!!I was not chasing you to hurry up - I am happy to wait !!!I am not being impatient -just can' wait to share the experiences and also try my hand at building an airport!Please don't worry about it. I am so grateful that someone has done this monumental project!It does look gooooood in the shots!Rob.