Sign in to follow this  
Guest qvdg

UK Scenery AI

Guest qvdg

Hi all, Has any started looking at putting AI aircraft into the new UK scenery ?Cheers, QvdG

Guest Rich Wren

Hi there,I think you can safely take the lack of response as a "no". Nice idea though, the region can feel a bit on the big side when you're the only person up. Join in the chat at the weekend and we can see what's going on.Rich.

Guest qvdg

The region is not just big but is truly enormous so there is plenty of room for AIs which are always good to ensure we respect the right rules when integrating the circuit. Besides that they are just great to watch. Unfortunately I won't be able to join in on the chat this weekend :-( but will look forward to following developments.QvdG

I don't understand the question : if you edit the airports, you create parking spots for the AI planes. So they should be seen.B.Adamski

Well I agree with Adams.If you make parkingspots to a new airport, you should see AI traffic,both for the new unicom or tower-controlled airports.Best regards.Lars Peter.

I've just uploaded on Avsim File Library this evening an update for the UK-SOUTH Heathrow Airport made by Robert Driscoll.This update add some AI planes on Heathrow Airport.I already have a little problem : They disapeared soon after takeoff.I try to learn them to follow a route, but, for now, I'm not succeeded.

Guest glidernut

Hi wagener Thanks fore your uploaded.Thy dont disaper on my PC!!Well not this green EXCALIBUR anyway.I loked on to it as it took off useing the shift+P kysand wached it going east fore 50 minits when I took the first snapshot just bifor loosing sight of land.At 60 minits into the flyght I notest it was loosing altitued,so I got prepaird to take a snapshot as it crashed into the water,but when it tuched the water it just stoped ded.see second snapshot.Im useing a mirer imige terrain.Perhaps it makes a diferance? I dont know.glidernut.

Guest qvdg

Hi, Could you let me know how you got it to work. When I try to define a AI Parking spot (after defining user parking spot) it names it Player 2000 and It won't let me set the properties. It is perhaps something to do with the airport parameters (I have set the airport to medium sized, defined a main runway and taxiway- but thats all)Cheers, QvdG

Hello, I think it was easy on Heathrow Airport because Robert had done a very good work with this airport.It was totally finished, with runways, taxiways and a User parking Spot already defined.The major taxiways must join both end of runways.All the major taxiways need to be named with a letter.Don't name the little taxiway between each Parking Spot and the Empty Node.My job was just to add some Parking Spot and to connect them to Empty Node by a little taxiway.You don't have to draw Center Lines.In order to have some AI planes, you'll have to add a lot of Parking Spots. The more you add, the more you will see (random).In your message "Player 2000", Player means YOUR Parking Spot (for Player plane) and 2000 means the Sound Group associated (Looking Glass Aviation Sound Group).When you add a new Parking Spot, it keeps the last name and sound group used.I tried to add some AI planes on London City and on Gatwick, but it does not work now.Warning : When I was adding AI planes to Heathrow, this process broke my FU III installation. When launching the program, it always goes back to Windows when it was loading AI traffic (on the map), even on San-Francisco or Seattle regions. I had to re-install FU III.RegardsRoland Wagener, French fan of FU III (and of his splendid UK-SOUTH scenery - thanks again Cristian)

Guest R_Driscoll

You can't rename the parking spots unless you add the line "I work here" to your configuration file.I added some AI to Gatwick (unwillingly - I think I can't do this sort of stuff), renamed the parking spots to 747's, and nothing seemed to happen. Oh yes, I had added a simple leg route in AIPLAN.txt. But anyway nothing seemed to happen. Last night (many many flights later) in check testing for Gatwick, there was a 747 flying around the airport! I was so delighted I ran into one of my scenery buildings (I'm always doing this) and got stuck.I think good AI development may need to wait until we can establish parking spots at several ariports, several legs, connections to the outside etc. But I don't know how to change the table settings in the FltDnsty.nam file so haven't tried anything more.RobD

To see the AI planes you must edit at least 2 airport : they must have anothere airport for flights and these 2 airports must have the same parking spot - the plane, for example Piper departs from London and land at Gatwick. You should edit Airspace.txt and maybe exairports (?) - external airports like NY, LA ... Big planes fly far away. They use this file.B. Adamski