Sign in to follow this  

I'm Back

Hi everyone,I would like to re-introduce myself. I am Jim . I left becasue MSTS came out, but have been checking the forums once in awhile. I recently found out about Richard Harvey and it inspired me to get back into FU3 and relive all the fun of flying. So i dusted off the box and installed it. Flew for a couple hours and here i am . Now could someone tell me any/all the additional aircraft that have been added to the library since the 747 please and fill me in on any other updates.Thanks alot!Jim

Guest DLM

Hi Jin!Nice to see you back, i was starting to wonder if you left us for good!You can always take a look at my site (click the logo below) for some good aircraft (You

Guest Ansgar

Hello Jim,welcome back in our FU3 forum. ;-)So if you remember my B747 it will interest you, that I

TIEGAN - And I knew you as "JIN", so I'm going to keep it that way. You use to know me as Jimbo, and I too went away for a few months, and when I did come back, they made me re-register. So I just used the same Handle that I have been using in the R/C forums that I frequent. We have had many interesting off site chats, and I think that I remember you living up at Niagra Falls ? Well the Gee Bee R-2 is finally becoming a reality, thanks to a very fine Gent from Sidney, named Jon Point. Pick up the Beta edition, and start having fun.Welcome back Jin > GeeBeeJim ( ex-jimbo )( Y'all see how Classic Aircraft bring 'em back ? )

Thanks for the warm welcome! Tom, great to hear from you as always, DLM i visited your site and will be re-downloading the king air, Jimbo, ah we had great times and i see that our beloved Geebee is finally here, i am one step ahead of you as it was the first thing i downloaded. Howver i have a question, and this is to everyone, is Steve Hess still around?? The reason i ask is because he has a custom cockpit for the geebee all set and ready to go. And yes Jimbo, i live in Lewiston which is about 5 minutes from Niagara Falls. Thanks again!!Jim

Hi JimI too dusted off my long neglected FU3 box over the Christmas holidays, must be something in the air!I had never found AVSIM the first time around so it's all new to me. I have particularly enjoyed the 'Kingair' which is of course available from the file library. Two jet powered props get you from one end of the scenary map to the other in no time if you are in a hurry!If you want to have some acrobatic fun then try the 'Pitts' or the 'Racing Mustang'.Not sure if any of these were available before you dissapeared!Have you found Chris Lowe's Seattle 2002 and San Fran 2002 sceneray packs yet? Add loads of new airports and improves/upgrades exsisting ones.Load the packages one at a time though or you may crash your FU3.Beats paying loads of money to get the same add ons in MS2002! Thanks to all those developers out there.GraemeUK

Guest jonpoint

Jim,Welcome back to the fold :-)Steve Hess IS here - he's just uploaded to me the final GeeBee cockpit which I will be working with over the next few days prior to the GeeBee v1.0 release - GeeBee Jim's even got his own version! If you have the pre-beta, you'll love the real ones! Please excuse the wheel spats in the yellow one - they're different now!http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e470df63a88e0f6.jpgSo, as it's stinkin' hot here and we've had little rain, how about a nice shot of gigalitres of water over the falls - the sight of it may cool me down :-beerchugJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hey Allan,Great to see you and everyone else too. Glad to hear that steve hess is still around. Also the final Geebee version sounds great. I already have the most recent one. However, i noticed that your cockpit in the photo above is clear, mine is black/non transparent. Whats wrong? i also have the same problem with ansgar's 747, well kinda, the body or more properly, the fuselage, is transparent. I can see the wheels throught it when they are going up and i can see throught it. Any ideas anyone?Thanks,Jim

Guest Staggerwing

Say now... don't tell me the old street corner is going to start filling up again :-)

Guest Ansgar

Hello Jim,if you have problems with transparent fuselages at my B747 or other models, you should check the "Graphic OPTIONS" of FU3! There you should have activated hardware acceleration which is shown as driver "primary A".Hope this helpsAnsgar A.