Sign in to follow this  

Need help with taxi lines and cfg file

Gentlemen:Althought FS 2002 has taken me away from FU for a little while, my heart is still with FU3. Need to know how to keep the taxi lines on without having to always enable it with shift_f11. Is there a line I can add to the cfg file? Also, can you offer advice as to what lines to add to the cfg file to eliminate the lines in the sky caused by the Geforce card?Thanks in advance,JoseCFI, CFII

Jose,The taxi lines should be on by default when you start at an airport, but they will vanish after you have taken off. Similarly, when you land at an airport, the taxi lines at that airport will appear when you are close to landing. At least, that is what should happen.With respect to the "lines in the sky" caused by Nvidia graphics cards, I would recommend adding Laurie Doering's weather upgrades. You would be amazed at just how good a job these upgrades do in minimising this effect. I am not sure if you can get these here at AVSIM, but I could easily send you a text file with them. You would then only need to copy and paste the text to the end of your flt3.cfg file.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Jose,I believe that the taxiway lines are dropped when the frame rate gets too low. You could try playing with some of the detail settings and see if that helps.Good luck,Rich.

Chris,Please e-mail me your cfg file to djjosems@netzero.net.Thanks.As for the taxi lines, they do not appear as I'm approaching and my computer is a XP 2400 with a geforce 4 ti4600.Thanks for your help

Guest Rich Wren

Heh, scratch my idea then. I'm struggling along with an A750 + Geforce DDR. Every time someone releases an add-on I end up pegging the detail back a notch, I'm about ready to admit defeat and buy a new machine. Just not yet...Rich.

Guest jonpoint

Jose,Watch for a line like 'no_taxi_lines' which WILL turn them off. Just comment it out with a ';' if it's there (cfg file).Another thing which will turn them off is hitting or . Once you do this you are but a bystander in the game! It's a great cheat when you're about to slam into something but it resets your logbook and, basically, FU3 doesn't 'know' you're there ;) You won't get called by ATC either so if you're sitting on the runway, other AI traffic won't be told to 'go around' and they'll smash straight into you! If you are 'in the game', the lines should appear as you approach BUT, if there's a lot of AI, sometimes not until you touch down.BTW, I got a new video card last week - a GE4 MX440 on recommendation from Steven Glanville (who is a design engineer for Nvidia and the writer of Anim8or). He reckoned that, based on my usage, it would give me the best 'bang for my buck'. He was correct - it hoots! I can now turn EVERYTHING on 100%, including 4xFSAA and Anisotropic filtering. Haven't even bothered overclocking it yet - the worst framerate so far was flying between buildings in Seattle with lots of clouds and haze - 15fps :-) All for ~US$65...I think you already have my cfg file?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Chris,Thanks. Problem solved!I also want to thank each of you for all help. If I can be of help feel free to ask.JoseCFI, CFII