Sign in to follow this  
Guest napis

Detonators

Guest napis

Hey people !what version detonators do you use ?I use 4x.xx, but they are very unstable for my FU3 ???(P4, 512MB, Geforce4 TI4400)Peter

Guest Motormouse

Hi,after much experimentation,I'm using win9x28.32 driver for my Geforce2 card.The latest 'unified' detonator driver can be found athttp://www.nvidia.comand you could also try ONE of these two 'tweekers'aTuner, or NvMax, from http://nvidia.pl/download.html?Programy(its not an english language site :-( , I think its Poland):-wavePete

Guest Quaxo

Hi Peter,I currently use 30.87 (I installed them to try FU3 "holographic"!) but they're unstable. The most stable I found till now were the 27.70, and probably I'll switch back to them. I have tried the 4*.** too, but they were almost unusable for me... I think that nVidia puts out a lot of drivers, to "squeeze" the max performance, but doesn't do a lot of beta testing/bug fixes...My system: Athlon 1600XP, 256 MbDDR, GeForce 4 MX440Cristian

Guest jonpoint

Peter,I have not been able to effectively use the 4x.xx detonators at all without problems. I was using a GE2 MX card but recently bought a new GE4 MX440, which came with it's own driver. I had been using 30.82 with the GE2 'coz it's the last one that worked OK.When I checked the files shipped with the new card, I was surprised to see they were 30.30! They work fine and I'm not going to bother changing them again. I haven't even bothered trying the 30.82 again - I'm happy enough with the performance! The fact that Leadtek don't ship with drivers> 30.30 is interesting!You could, if you feel the need to fiddle, pick an older, stable driver (30.82) and, using Rivatuner, hack the driver files to 'open it up'. I tried this on my GE2 and it improved the performance on a benchmark but I couldn't see any difference in framerates :-(Maybe just try the 30.30 or 30.82! If you're still having problems, I know of an Nvidia designer...Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hi!Can anyone point me to where I could get the 30.30 driver?4x.xx was making my graphic programs like photoshop and quark go funny. I've reinstalled 21.83 and the graphics programs work fine now but now FU3 goes to a black screen when I press fly the second time in a session (the 1st time it works ok!)CheersGraeme

Guest jonpoint

Graeme,Send me your email address and I'll send you the 30.30. It's largish (6467kB) so make sure you can accept large mail. It's also the last of the 'non-exe' drivers (i.e. not one file but a zipfile full of files). 30.82 (which I also have here) is a single .exe file. The real difference is that you should reset your windows driver to 'standard PCI VGA' before installing it. The .exe file versions can be installed by just clicking on them - as long as everything goes OK!Now, the black screen bit has me worried! I assume you ran the patch or you wouldn't have got this far. Try setting your video setting in FU3 to 'software' and see if it does the same. If so, the bug's in FU3. If not, I'd start looking at your DirectX drivers. I noticed a strange issue after changing drivers on the GE2 once - DirectX wouldn't load. When I went into FU3, it just crashed to the desktop as soon as I hit 'fly', unless I used 'software' 3D mode. Usually, if FU3 has a problem, it crashes AFTER the map screen. I also noticed NFS and MM2 wouldn't run and both said I had no 3D driver loaded !!!?!I re-ran the DX81.exe file, rebooted and voila! It worked. BTW, neither Quark nor Photoshop NEED DirectX so you may just try reloading that first! Oh, and don't bother with DX9. At all. Nobody I know has had success with it (kinda like the 40.xx drivers...).Regards,Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hi allThanks Jon for offering to send through the drivers. I have emailed you for themNow, does anyone know how to go back to an old version of Directx? I've re-installed directx 8.1 from the .exe file I had, but dxdiag is still showing that directx 9.0 is the one intalled?HELP!GraemeUK

Guest Quaxo

Hello Graeme,there's no "official" way of removing DirectX (or "down-grading" it). As you discovered, reinstalling an old version doesn't help.But there are some free tools on the web which will remove DirectX completely; and after you can reinstall whatever version you like. If you look at this site:http://www.3dcenter.de/downloads/directx-dx9uninstaller.phpyou'll have a page (in german) where you can download an uninstaller for DX9 for WinXP. But if you do a google search for "DirectX uninstaller" you'll find lots of other results...Hope this helps,Cristian

Guest hoohah

I've recently switched back to 30.82 and I'm satisfied with them. I have a GF4 Mx 420 and I have been installing the new drivers as they come out (beta or otherwise). After installing DX 9, things just weren't behaving very well, mostly frame rate issues. But the 30.82's are great. My only complaint is that the Airport lines in FU3 don't show up as readily as they did with the 42.86's.-hoo

Guest Robs

John,I have just gone back to 30.82 from 41.80.I spent a whole weekend faffing to get this driver to work but it just wouldn't go. I got 640x480x16 and it refused to budge.I cleaned out manually, cleaned the registry manually, triple checked it and got it back to standard vga working fine (with low res and colours) then rebooted and then reinstalled the new driver and it just wouldn't work.I had several goes at this but just gave up. I tried the nVidia and creative drivers (same version). I gave up and went to what worked.I have a Geforce 256 (yes version 1!) so I think the new drivers work better with the later chips. And also DX9 which seems to work.Anyway it does bug me when companies release driver software bugged as this causes unreasonable hassle. I mean a game you can live without but video drivers are a pain to fix.Rob

Guest hoohah

I have to correct myself. I have the 29.42's installed and _not_ the 30.82's-hoo