Sign in to follow this  

Switzerland - Cannot see the airfields

I recently installed the full Swiss scenery but have a problem with Basle and Geneva. The scenery installed perfectly but whilst the airfields appear on the map ok I cannot see them when I load the simulator. At the same time I get a dialogue box in the centre of the screen which says "Please insert the" - if I then revert to Seattle or San Fran this box reads "Please insert the FU3 scenery disk 1". Putting this disk in has no effect.Grateful for any help on where I might be going wrong.Many thanks

Guest glidernut

Hi jerooum,The "Please insert the" mesage meens that FU3 is looking fore the maps,and carnt find them.You have to direct FU3 to where the maps are stord.Your FU3 has not been given the right path.This is not serprizing as meny of us will have auwer own individual paths.Open your REGIONS Switzerland region.cfg file, the thered lins doun isthe line you have to get right, to stop the "Please insert the" mesageapeering. Fore exampl, I have renamed my mane Flight3 folder to Flight3_SwitzerlandSo my full path is reg_cd_path C:Program FilesFlight3_SwitzerlandcdromSwitzerlandmapsNow then,You have a problem with Basle and Geneva.I have had problems with all the airports, so I took them all out.The airports are the 4 diget folers in your REGIONS Switzerland Airports folder.If thees Airports had been dun as an ordinery package and put in thepackages folder, then we could open them in Fled and perhaps fix themor at leest get wat ever models there are, to snap to the proper terrainhight, or add more models.But its eesy to critisiz, I meen I carnt do airports at all.glidernut.:-wave

Hi all,The Switzerland region was the first released region and has a lot of wrong settings. Now we know more and an upgrade will be available soon. The we will have a pits free elevation.The included airports has to be replaced by the package made by capt. Rolo. This one are free of bugs.:-wave agtim