Sign in to follow this  

FU 3 Upgrades...

Hi, I've been flying with FU 3 for long time and then I had a break...Today, I've installed the game, and I would like to know if there is some available Patch (upgrades) for this game that could get graphisme details better for example...Thx------------------------------------------------------------

Guest glidernut

Hi Thx, welcom abord.I dont know wat you meen by (graphisme) details ?If your video card is an NVIDIA, then you will need a Patch.There are three Patches, so be cairful to get the right one. [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fu3patch.exe&Author=&CatID=03aLGFU3 | This takes you to the US patch,][link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=fu3depat.exe&Author=&CatID=03aLGFU3 ] This takes you to the Germany patch,Even if you dont have an NVIDIA, video card, its consisered a goodthing to use the pach.I licke to put the patch in the maine Flight3 Folder, and then click on it.glidernut. :-wave

Guest Quaxo

If you mean patches which improve the 3D-rendering, there are no "real" patches; but I've found thet forcing anisotropic filtering ON improves the looks a lot. And many users report great graphics by forcing FSAA ON. I don't use it because it's a framerate killer!Also, there are a lot of "config file entries" which improve the way weather looks. You can do a search for Laurie Doering's config file...If you mean newer and better objects, there are many new flyable aircrafts, which are better than the original ones (for example, the DC3, the 747, the GeeBee, the new baron, and others). There are also a lot of add-on packages which increase the "ground detail". It's all in the library!Cristian

Thanck you both for your messages.Yes, in fact, I meant patches which improve the 3D-rendering...So, I'm going to follow your advices...A last question : are all the add-on packages and the new flyable aircrafts you're talking about easy to install ? could you help me then ?and my nick name is Woos, not Thx which mean thank you... :)

Guest Quaxo

Hi Woos,Add-on flyable planes are usually very easy to install: you get a zip file, which contains a *.res file; you just have to extract this file in the Flight3/plnpile folder, and you're done. If you download a repaint instead, you'll have to "import" the new textures manually (using the excellent ResViewer tool). But it's not difficult anyway...As for the packages, these are sometimes slightly more complicated (you'll have to unzip files to two folders instead of one... :) )Anyway, for any question... just ask, and you'll be answered!Cristian

Guest glidernut

Dear Mr Thx,Sory I got your name rong, it wont hapen agen.

:)ok thanck for your explanations.I would like a plane whith an exelent panel, very detailled so that it is easy to read the VOR indication for exampleI would like an panel as good as a FS 2002's one...Which plane could you advice me then ?All the panels I tried was dificult to read and I didn't like them...Thanck's---------------------------------------------------------------

Guest Quaxo

I don't think you will find panels "as good as FS2002's ones", just because FU3 panels have a different personality. Panels as complex as MSFS's aren't possible. But there are some excellent panels... Personally, the one I like most is the panel of the latest Cessna trainer. I don't remember who did it right now (but I remember it used panel bitmaps from a MSFS project), and I don't remember the exact filename. But it was really beautiful, and in my opinion, perfectly readable...Cristian

Guest DLM

Hi Woos and welcome to the friendly far corner of the Flight Unlimited forum! ;-)The Cessna that Cristian mention must be this one:http://library.avsim.com/sendfile.php?DLID=16847If i am not mistaken it uses the same panel you will find in the Dreamfleet Cessna (by Lou Betti).But if you really would like some panel to fiddle with try Ansgar