Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

New AI - wow!

Guest jonpoint

Ansgar, you've done it again (significantly improved our much loved sim) :-) :-) :-)I installed your models.res file and....I spent the next two hours, switching between AIs as they came and went over SEA. When I first saw the 737 I just couldn't believe it! Now I want to steal the model and build an aircraft out of it! They're all great - every now and then an original FU3 AI came along - what a horror ;) I now have a beautiful desktop screen of the Delta MD, climbing into the sunrise over Seattle - another aircraft I'd like to convert too!Of course, the callsigns require addressing but I'd be glad to help here. If, for example, you have replaced 'Ignited Airlines' with 'Delta', we can edit the relevant files. I know it sounds like a big job but then I don't think ANYTHING is beyond us now. All we have to do is trick-up the renderer to do 'shininess' and we'll leave MSFS02 for dead in most respects ;) Thankyou for transforming my favourite software even further!BTW, I wasn't kidding about turning a Beechjet into one or two of these lovelies!PS Thanks for the kind words on the GeeBee - I couldn't have done it without your help :-)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jon, thank you for the nice words, it seems you like it. Sure this project is "giant" and is nearly an "never ending story" if I must make all alone.So every help is sure welcome here!What we need urgend is a new generation of models for the existing old FU3-planes as there are the: -> DC-10, -> an alternative for the B757/B777: i.e. an Airbus A320-> new fighter jets: F18 (Chris Low

Rich,A word of advice. Get those edges ANTI-ALIASED !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Rich Wren

Chris,Done now, thanks :-)Rich.

Guest qvdg

I can't wait to see the new outstanding AI in the equally outstanding UK south Hi-res region. Unfortunately my attempts have been to date unfruitful as I can't seem to assign parking spots to AI in the UK. I will keep digging.Cheers, QvdG

Guest R_Driscoll

Ansgar, sorry to take so long to install your new AI package - I've been too busy colonising England. I did so last night, and was totally gobsmacked (Glidernut's word for being surprised to the point of not being able to speak). The improvement is dramatic, and the new birds are graceful in the extreme. I noticed a drop in framerates, but would rather improve my computer than lose the improvement in visual model quality.I have put two pictures below showing crowded Seattle taxiways featuring some of the new AI - I missed the beautiful Virgin 747 in the shot unfortunately.Notice Jon's trees in the foreground - they would look so nice in England (hint hint Jon!!). And those terrible old tanks - they have to go ... but the new planes set new standards.Rob D

Guest Ansgar

Hello Rob,gobsmacked???!! :-) :-) :-) I never heard it....seems you