Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robs

Far out there, lost in the back of beyond!

Guest Robs

Hi,I have been exploring the outer terrain but I can't seem to pick up the beacons. Any clues anyone.Rob.

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Rob,I've had a quick look at my install and it appears to me that the outer terrain beacons are stored in flight3outterrbeacons.fld. First thing to check for would be that this file still exists. I sincerely hope that all the playing around with the UK beacons I've done hasn't broken the outer terrain, but thinking about it I haven't tested for that myself.As a complete aside, having done a fair bit of flying around the outer terrain myself, I was surprised to find that the VORs have a range of only 100 miles. I'm pretty sure that in real life they can be received at much greater range than that, after all at 36000ft the horizon is over 200Nm away.Hope this helps,Rich.

Guest hoohah

John Voznak has a file on Avsim that updates/fixes the VOR's and NDB's for FU3. I've used them for a while with no probs. I'm still anooyed by the apparent "misplacement" of some navaids on the Map(s).-hoo

Guest Dann

I've generated the outer terrain files...just exactly what did that do for me? I fear I didn't take a close enough look...And, did it do anything for the SF region?Dan

Guest Pieter

>And, did it do anything for the SF region?Not much, added only the typical 8 shades of green of the OT. ;-)One thing though, you can now fly between SEA and SFB with the jets - but no one could really get the COMs to work fully between the two regions at the normal flight levels of the jets...Pieter

Guest Dann

Thanks for the answer...does it only add those colors in the Seattle region, too?Dan