Sign in to follow this  
Guest DLM

Chat transcript is available...

Guest Quaxo

Downloaded it... Thanks Daniel! :)Cristian

Guest Robert_S

As Daniel notes on the chat transcript page of Unlimited Design, the first part of the chat is missing from the log. Daniel got it from me, and I didn't get there until 16:41EST. Oh, I was in #fu3 from just prior to 16:00, but like a complete idiot I was on the ShadowWorld server, not AVSIM's. :-rollTom Wunder tells me he was there from about 14:00EST, along with Chris Low and others, so apparently there is about 2.5 hours missing. We'll try to get it right next time. :-)The times you see next to the lines are Pacific Standard time, as that's where I am, essentially Los Angeles, California.[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Danel,The logger missed my arguments with my IRC client then :-)Rich.

Guest twsimfan

Not much arguing... you just got zapped... what was it ??? 3 times?Teach you to use those decadant colors! ;-)

Guest DLM

As already pointed out by Mr.Robert Stiles there is a piece of the chat transcript missing.To prevent this for the next chat (if we will have one?) there will be a minimum of three people logging the chat, Tom Wunder, Robert Stiles and myself (Daniel Lindstr

Guest Quaxo

Daniel, I insist in pointing out that it's called "Parmigiano" and not "Parmezan"... We make it, we name it! :-lol After all, you don't translate "Gjetost", do you? :-wave Cristian

Guest DLM

HA Cristian! Actually i do transalte it ;-) In swedish it

Guest Quaxo

Ops... :-shy Actually Bob was the first to talk to me about that... And I thought "gjetost" wasn't sounding "american", so I thought it was the original word... Oh well! I should learn to think before speaking! :-lol I stand corrected...! :)Oh, and for that "exchange" you proposed in the chat... Well, it can really be done for me! Email me and we'll arrange the details...!Cristian

Guest Robert_S

Time for a lesson in Norwegian. :-)"Gjet" is Norwegian for goat, and "ost" means cheese. Yet to call it simply goat cheese wouldn't really work, as goat cheese is available at just about any market here, but it's a white cheese, and I haven't a clue what it tastes like. Gjetost/getost is a Scandinavian thing, and it is a medium brown (resembling light brown sugar in color), fairly hard (though nothing like parmigiano/parmesan), and quite strong in taste. I think regular white goat cheese is fairly mild. The taste of gjetost is so strong that I always recommend slicing it paper-thin for anyone new to it. For us that are used to it and love it, chunks are just fine. :-)As far as I know, gjetost is available here in the U.S. in only a single brand, "Ski Queen", made in Norway. Comes in a bright red box, and says "gjetost" on it, with no mention of goats at all. And it's five bucks American for a cube about 2.5" square. x( That translates to European as "about 6.5 cm square for too dang much". :-)I bought some Ostenb

Guest twsimfan

Daniel,I was skeptical about future chats after the one before this. This last one was in my opinion a major success. I guess that last one was just too close to the holidays. Judging by this one I'd say we have a few more left in us. :)I think for the next one I will post the start time as 14:00 EST and then others can feel free to drop in when/if they can... as always. This start time did seem to work out better for many.The next one will be on March 29th.