Sign in to follow this  
Guest hoohah

Price drop on FS2k2 so early?

Guest hoohah

I was in BestBuy about an hour ago and noticed that there is a $20 mail in rebate on both FS2k2 (never understood the two level thing) products AND the prices had been reduced to $40 and $50. That means about $20 and $30 after the rebate. This seems kinda soon considering the new patch (sorry, Version) won't be out until July (I'll believe it when I see it). Could the rumors of an FU4 in the Spring have some merrit? Hmmm?-hoo

Guest Pieter

> Could the rumors of an FU4 in the Spring have some merrit? Hmmm?I'll eat my hat :-lolWhat more could an FU4 present that the constantly updating either FS or X-Plane will not and how will it hit these tight competitors' hands, so to speak, in the mud...?And then, come what may, to either stay updated or not, especially with FS (and FU has its history of poor frame rates): a totally new PC with double your previous choice of RAM and state of the art screen cards replacements just to play a game? At this rate the "average" user can rather consider paying for real flying lessons...Pieter

Guest hoohah

Well I have MSFS and X-Plane (as well as Fly!2, which I feel in many ways is/was a close successor to FU3, except for...). They are nice to be sure. I have high hopes for the futures of both. But there is still that certain something about FU that the others are missing. Until the others figure out what that certain something is, I'll hope for a _true_ FU4, not just a namesake.You are probably correct about the flying lessons though. I used to take flying lessons when I was a teen. I had a minimum-wage job and spent half of my paycheck each week for a 1-hour flying lesson. Then the gummit raised the minimum wage to "help the working man" and I got fired because the company couldn't afford to pay five people anymore...Now years later I have far more money than I need and I spend too much of it on simming. Thanks, Peiter! I think you've awakened me to finish those flying lessons! Hopefully the flight sims will have been of some help...-hoo