Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

FSW Sky World

Guest SD Sim

This one has me stumped, and any help (Chris?) would be appreciated. I have installed the FSW Sky World 2002 utility, including the cloud packages. When I launch Sky World, I am able to select the different cloud packages, and can set up random clouds. When I launch FS2K2, I get the clanging noise that indicates that Sky World is running. Furthermore, when in FS2K2, I hear the same noise every time the random cloud generator is switching cloud packages (based on the interval that I set). The problem is that I don't see any changes in the clouds. Finally, if I launch FS2K2 without first launching Sky World, the clouds look exactly the same as they do with Sky World. When I installed the cloud packages, did they overwrite the default clouds? This would seem to be the case as the clouds I have now don't suffer from that bizzare flattening effect I previously saw before the installation. I've looked through the FSW FAQs, and have searched the forum here, but nothing has helped me solve this potential (?) problem. Has anyone else noticed this and figured out the solution. I am using the most recent version of FSUIPC (2.85 I believe).Also, if I'm just being a bonehead and someone knows a thread in the archive that I missed, could you please post the URL here?Thanks :-)

Hi, "The problem is that I don't see any changes in the clouds" for auto random:You will see new clouds pack when you are leaving the clouds range, the clouds will look wispy(disappears to flat clouds) when the clouds will reappears in (3d), new clouds set will show up, sometime yes others not.."Finally, if I launch FS2K2 without first launching Sky World, the clouds look exactly the same as they do with Sky World. When I installed the cloud packages, did they overwrite the default clouds"Yes this utility install the texture in fs2002/texture, so the latest clouds set installed in fs2k2, will be the same cloud set when you will start fs2k2 again.The default fs2002 cloud is in your fs2k2 cd in the cab files cld1-cld10, cldcn1-cldcn10.You can desable the sound for the auto random in the cloud.inihttp://fsw.simflight.com/FSWFskHelpMenu.htmlAll clouds are same performance like the default, the bugs or weird things are related to fs2002, this utility only install texture.You must add clouds layers or real weather to see fsw clouds in fs2002, this utility is not a weather generator, only a texture/situation installer.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest SD Sim

Thanks Chris. I know you answer plenty of questions regarding your awesome utilities, and your prompt responses sometimes leave me in awe. Thank you for all your hard work!