Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

Note on the UK beacons

Guest Quaxo

The beacons.fld file contains every navaid for a region, including VORs, NDBs, ILS's and markers. I have included the most updated version of that file in the update CD; but this file is obviously temporary. When one wants to add a new navaid, he must be sure to have the latest version of the beacons.fld file; otherwise, he'll overwrite someone else's work.Bogdan Adamski has agreed to put the most up-to-date beacons.fld file on his site, but this still isn't available - he's still translating his web pages from Polish to English. In the meanwhile, everyone who wants to add a new navaid (including airport developers) should email me, so I'll send him the most recent file...Cristian

Guest R_Driscoll

Could Rich or Rob or someone get the file, do the ILS for gatwick approach, then quickly send it back to Cristian?I think its too late to include Gatwick airport on Cristian's distribution, but anyway its easy for most people to download.RobD

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Rob,I'm way ahead of you on that one, they're there already and should be on the latest update CD. I was intending it to be a bit of a surprise but I don't want to have someone else duplicate the work.It's worth noting that since I sent the beacons to Cristian, I've installed the terrain elevation patch etc so the beacon positions will need some fine tuning to get you in the touchdown zone dead centre. I also didn't have an actual runway to align to so the localisers are aligned to the photographic runway instead, this shouldn't be a problem though.Once I get the latest update from Cristian I can see about doing this, unless you'd like to?Cheers,Rich.

Guest R_Driscoll

No, that's fine, if you don't mind doing the work! I'm very happy to see others continue the work. Me, I'm off the Stansted.

Guest Quaxo

Stansted?!? DID I hear STANSTED??? HA-HA!!! :9 :-yellow1 Cristian

The page is 'on air'.www.geocities.com/adamsbpl/FU/FU3/INNE/gb.htmBut Hans will correct my English, I hope.B.Adamski