Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

UK Scenery screenshots

Well, I have just experienced the UK scenery for the first time, and I would like to share three screenshots that I took near Plymouth, Devon.The first picture shows my Beechjet cruising over the dockland area of Plymouth, with what looks suspiciously like one of the Royal Navy's "aircraft carriers" to the left centre.Picture No.2 clearly shows the two main bridges over the River Tamar, just to the right of my Beechjet (the suspension road bridge, and Brunel's famous railway bridge, which was completed in 1859).Finally, picture No.3 has special significance for me. The red line shows the A386, which heads north from Plymouth (the city is a few miles to the south, which is towards the RIGHT in the screenshot). The highlighted feature to the west of the A386 is actually the Moorland Links Hotel on the very edge of Dartmoor. This is the exact location where I attempted to watch a total eclipse of the Sun on 11th August 1999. Unfortunately the sky was cloudy at the time of maximum eclipse, but the effects of totality (darkness, weird lighting effects etc.) were AWESOME.By the way, I played on that golf course that you can see in the third picture.More screenshots will be posted in the near future.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest glidernut

"OK" so the eclipse was AWESOME.But wot do you think of the scenery ?Anyway Im glad to see you got it.glidernut.:-wave

Guest qvdg

Is the A386 a real motorway or a pretend one like the one near Stonehenge ;).I saw the eclipse in Paris on a cloudy day and just the right moment a gap appeared in the clouds.As for the screenshots keep them coming. QvdG

John,The UK scenery looks great, but FU3 is about much more than just terrain graphics. For me to be as interested in this scenery as the SanFran and Seattle regions, it would need to be populated with lots of detailed airports, plenty of scenery packages, and a fully functional AI plane environment. We could all "theoretically" make this possible, but it would require a LOT of hard work.I'm not sure if I'm dedicated enough anymore to face that.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The A386 is certainly NOT a motorway. You know those roads where you drive on one side of the centreline, and everyone coming the other way drives on the OTHER side of the centreline ? Well, it's one of those :-)Chris Low,ENGLAND.By the way, if you were actually in the city of Paris itself, then you did NOT see totality on 11th August 1999. The shadow path passed north of the city, and anyone in the city centre would have seen a 99.4 per cent partial. This is certainly enough to experience significant darkness and eerie effects, but it would not have been enough to see the Sun's corona, or any of the other effects associated with totality (the diamond ring, prominences, Bailly's beads etc).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png