Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

The status of things...

Guest jonpoint

Dear All,My apologies for being tardy with a few things but I've been waaaay busy recently :-( I haven't forgotten my promises, it's just that with the little time I've had, my FU3 stuff has taken second-place.1. The yellow GeeBee (NR77V - The "Tucson Terror") IS coming but as a complete aircraft (v1.1), not an upgrade. The reason is that I've changed some of the cockpit views (front quarter etc) and the existing rectangles needed editing. I have also increased the braking force slightly and reduced the flap angle to 20 degrees. When I've finished the Red GeeBee cockpit views I'll post them as part of an upgrade package so you will still have a choice of liveries! A couple of shots:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e5d89671ad3bc10.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e5d899b1b8c2844.jpg2. Trees. I have re-mipped them for the Sanfran (and therefore UK) palette. The trees are the identical 54-piece set posted for Seattle. This will allow you to riddle California with palm trees and add some conifers and willows to your UK packages.3. Other models. I am also re-mipping my fences, airport lights, carparks, aprons etc for Sanfran/UK.3. The much-touted racing package has been a time-consuming excercise in frustration but it's close. I will upload all the models first so as not to deprive anyone of them whilst I'm being too slow! The models are:3x GeeBees, 1 parked, 2 flying2x Mustangs, flying1x small grandstand, full of brightly-dressed airshow fans!Some bunting with pretty flags(!!?!)1x Bus (new)2x Racing pylons2x Signs (Airshow, airport closed)1x Kangaroo, his name is Rob, not Skippy ;) he only eats grass OK? Escaped from the Seattle zoo some time ago...There are also some sounds to go with all this! Of course it will be in BOTH Sanfran and Seattle versions.I am hoping that someone with the necessary skills can either create a much better package or even maybe create a proper 'challenge' which would allow for a more exciting experience :-)(Just as a note here, I have kept the model names and mipfile names the same for both regions (this goes for the trees as well)! This avoids having to invent another set of names. They will be posted in separate zipfiles to avoid confusion however, once you unzip them to the relevant GEN folder, you won't be able to tell the difference so be careful.)Again, sorry for the delays. I'm looking forward to giving something back to those that have made my hobby so enjoyable over the years :-) My next little project goes something like this:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e5d8af320502ee3.jpg:-waveJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Steffen

Hi Jon,as for the challenge part I'm ready and just waiting for the package to get an idea on what can be done in a "Racing Challenge". Once the package is there (and maybe the first feedback and ideas are on the forum), I'll start working on it.Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest Ansgar

Ahhhhh, Hallo Steffen!!!Good to see you still watching all our nice new activities here around! :-)Jon, I can warmly recommend you Steffens ability in creating perfect Challenges. He is the perfect "master of FU3-scripting" here around, and has the highest experience in building scripts for FU3!So if you have any questions to FU3-scripting ask him. If he fails then the chance to get it solved tend

Ansgar, when the B747 cockpit is finished and you get plenty of time (yeah, right), did you notice that pretty Qantas Dash 8 that Jon posted? :)I'm looking forward to downloading the yellow / black GeeBee but please take your time Jon. We're all busy and it seems that FU3 is very much alive right now, against all odds.And Steffen, please keep those challenges coming!best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Quaxo

Hi Ansgar,I hope that in your plans, (somewhere in the future) there is to make a complete (with moving parts) flyable Ryanair 737... :-)Cristian

OOps, I was in a hurry and didn't read Jon's post properly before going to work. It does indeed say that he plans to create a Dash 8. Anyway, this is a splendid choice. A Dash 8 will be suited for most of the FU3 airports. Regional jets / turboprops in general will fit in nicely. But then, a 737 would be able to fly to a lot of our airports and presents itself as another good choice. Hans Petter