Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

UK-Region with Voodoo 5

Hello all!This is some screenshots of the UK-scenery with the Voodoo 5 videocardThis addon is a "must have file",- and for those who are seeking "Feeling of flight",- this is it!!FU3 is not dead!I only have about 120 mb HD space left, so there will be an upgrade very soon.Have fun!Lars Peter.

Guest twsimfan

Lars,The V5 always did like FU3. Fortunately my new 9700 Pro does too. :)I'm a little better fixed than you for free space. I have about 80GB currently free. Still I think I'll dump a few GB of unused space prior to installing the UK scenery... like Fly2k & Fly2.Great pics... thanks. :D

Guest Ansgar

Hello Lars,yes, I total agree with you that this is a real improvement in enjoying FU3!The light-cloud models of your pics are really good and the quality of the voodoo 5 rendering is outstanding.The next bigger optical limitation is that we could replace some of that generic cloud textures in FU3. If this could be solved also we have such an high realism, that we are very close to my understanding of "reality feeling", also if we have different/changing weather.Tom: Yeah! 80GByte of free HDD space that

Stunning shots and scenery! Thanks for posting them, Lars.And as Ansgar said, I wish the clouds could be improved somehow to make them more random in shape; as they are now, they look so repetitive.

The photo-realistic terrain is great, especially when viewed from 2000 - 3000 feet. After all, that's about where the source photos where taken. The downside is that once you get close to the ground the features are harder to make out. But then, there's no reason to view buildings and orchards from the ground. What we need is enhancements of the airports and their immediate surroundings. This screenshot is from Gatwick and you may spot the runway behind the right wing. I'm going to install the latest Gatwick package and get a proper runway, as viewed from the ground. Anyway, the strength of photorealism is that the scenery is absolutely correct when viewed from above. I'll probably buy a map of southern England and use it for VFR. best regards,Hans PetterEarly morning over Cristian's Gatwick in Ansgar's Baron, by courtesy of a Voodoo 5 5500 video card:

Looks great! What's the resolution of the UK scenery (m/pixel)?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Quaxo

Hi Jimmi,The resolution is 4m/pixel (the maximum accepted in FU3)...Cristian