Sign in to follow this  

AI traffic on UK-South

I've uploaded this evening a small package to have AI traffic in these three airports : Heathrow, Gatwick and London City.Some of them will remain in the pattern, doing "Touch and Go".The others will fly from one of these airport to another.In the tests, we have discovered some little problems with the AI traffic, on the radio or on the taxiways.Anyway, now you will see a lot of life in this superb UK-South region.RegardsRoland Wagener

Guest R_Driscoll

This is an important breakthrough Roland - well done! The airports look much better now there's some life there ...RobD

Guest glidernut

Thanks Roland,Having AI trafik round and about makes a big diferans, It filing out nicely now.Well done.glidernut :-wave

Yes, this looks nice! I've imported Ansgar's new AI package and this works as intended. Lufthansa really looks at home at Heathrow :-)The ATC is mixed up but that may not be related to the AI--I hear the American flight controllers at Heathrow (amazing how many Americans work in the UK these days) and they clear planes to far away destinations.Then I get "Trainer/Mooney etc on guard--please come up my frequency xxx.xx" while I'm parked, ready to start the engine(s). There's no "Aircraft, taxiing out of Looking Glass aviation" as I start to move and no air traffic controllers address me while I'm airborne.Well, it's nice to be left alone so I can do as I please. I'm quite sure this is too much to ask but would it be possible to swap the voices for some that fit the area? If John or Chris recorded the various commands we'd really be in England... By the way, I think that I've heard a pilot's voice that sounds quite British while flying in the Seattle region. It might be a New England accent though.Hans Petter

Guest Quaxo

Hans, I think that the "on-guard" call is due to the non-developed Airspace.txt file. This file defines all the airspaces of the region (class B space, class C space and so on), and it still hasn't been done. So, now the sim doesn't know in which space you are, and so calls you on guard wherever you are... To see what the file should be like (more or less), look at SanFrancisco's Airspace.txt file...Cristian

It's very easy to make cylinder shape of the airspace of class B or C & than all works ok.B.Adamski

Guest glidernut

Roland.my UK-South has started to crash to the desk top when ever I selectto staret from a parkink spot or take off position at any airportand the only way I can get it to work is by uninstaling your lastuplowd "gatwick_ai.zip".But even without "gatwick_ai.zip", the AI trafik at Heathrow aredoing funy things, like landing acros the runway and going throwbildings in order to do so. well sum of them anyway. Thay seem to be as confused as I am. See snaps.What am I doing rong ?Any iders ?glidernut.

When launching a flight from Heathrow I have to start the engine(s) really fast to dodge an AI aircraft that's coming right at me. This happens every time. Otherwise there's no problems. The sim crashed to the desktop a lot as long as I had the Seattle region in the regions folder. With all of the models available for the SanFran palette I don't need Seattle in my UK-South version of FU3. I suspect that there's some conflict between the regions when both are present. Hans Petter

Guest Ansgar

Hello Roland,I would like to thank you a lot for bringing all my new AI

Guest glidernut

Roland,Im sory.I O u an apolage.My crashing to the desk top was nuthing to do with your AI trafik.I dont know what the problem was, but after reinstaling every thing from the CD,s and then every thing els, inclooding yourAI trafik, every thing is workink OK now.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Nice pictures - can I get a copy of your weather file Glidernut?But that's a lot of luggage coming out to meet your glider. Where do you put it all? And do you really need those stairs to climb up into the cockpit? Anyway, I'm off to Stonehenge. I accidentally hit one with my trainer and nine of them fell over. But I guess I shouldn't have been trying to fly through the arches anyway.RobD

Guest Quaxo

Just a quick thought - has anyone thought about making a small Stonehenge package? Just to add the stones... :-)Cristian

Guest glidernut

Yes Cristian.But we only got 2 stones and thay hapen to be the rong size and shape.

Guest R_Driscoll

I can make more stones. Concrete and stones I'm good at. Planes, no. If they fly I can't make them.But I'm still busy on other projects - can someone else pick this one up?RobD