Sign in to follow this  

New Planes.

Just wondering what the newest plane is going to be. Anyone know or have any wish lists?Later,Jim

Guest Steffen

Hi Jim,as of new planes I don't know more than the rumors on this Forum. My next project to be released is a "Racing Challenge". That will take you flying the Gee-Bee (or any other fast FU3 plane if you dare) on a Reno-like air-race course against 6 computer planes with varying strength. Many eye-and-ear-candy will be included. Strap on tight, first testflights look very promising...Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest Rich Wren

There's a couple in my wishlist (OK about twenty but that's just being greedy). I'd really like to see a first generation jet represented, something along the lines of a deHavilland Vampire, F86 Sabre or MiG 15. Maybe even a trainer like the Jet Provost/Strikemaster. I've been looking at reverse-engineering a FS98 Vampire but the polygon count on it is a bit low and I'm not convinced I've got the modelling skills to improve it. I certainly have no idea how it flies so tuning the physics would be interesting...Cheers,Rich.

Steffen & Rich: The up and coming Pylon Race sounds great, can't wait. Vampire, F-86, Mig 15, all super.But isn't this SIM ready for a good looking, high performance chopper ?> Jim

Guest jonpoint

New planes?There are a few developments I know of ;)I'm currently working on a Dash-8Q300. Last night I finalised the flying surfaces (wings, tailplane, tailfin) including flaps, ailerons etc and all axles (for these surfaces). The fuselage as I did it has too many polygons so I'm switching to 'razor' mode to see where I can lose polygons without making it too ugly! It will be based on the Beechjet so it will have all the features eg instruments, night/day/lit/unlit cockpit, air brakes and a wonderful turboprop sound :-)Beyond that there may be a 737 coming soon too! The Strikemaster is a great idea! I have thought about it a few times 'coz it's small, fun and works from short strips. Here's some shots of the Australian Jet Adventures' own little lady - an ex-RNZAF Strikemaster :-)http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e67cc0e01a757f0.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e67cc3002234b42.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e67cc4f02e1077c.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e67cc6603388278.jpgI have thought of doing one of these for a while but, as we're all busy (Ansgar has been busy too - he's got some surprises in store for us soon I believe), feel free to have a go at it. We need more aircraft builders anyway ;)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Rich Wren

A chopper Jim? You write the patch for the flight dynamics engine to allow for rotorcraft and I'll build you a Huey :-)Rich.

Guest Rich Wren

A few more shots of a Strikemaster. I took these photos during the RAFA airshow at Shoreham last year, I believe that this particular one is based in Duxford (I've seen it hangared up there anyway) and is owned by the owner of the Transair pilot shops. It must be nice to be able to write one of these off as a company jet :-)http://www.wheresthefish.co.uk/fu3/strike1.jpghttp://www.wheresthefish.co.uk/fu3/strike2.jpgI also have a shot of it on finals flying past the College, taken from across the valley a couple of years ago. The camouflage is pretty impressive, on first glance you'd miss it even though it's in the centre of the frame.Incidentally, those hills average about 250 ft but they don't seem to show up in the UK-South region...Rich.

Guest jonpoint

So, Rich...Are you 'in' for the Strikemaster? I'm sure it would be well received and would also allow us to take Steffen's upcoming racing challenge a step further! It would also save me from taking the wings off the Beechjet when 'canyon-running' :-hahIf you need any help or have any questions, you know where to post them ;) I may try searching for a 3D model of it if you wish. What 3D software do you intend to use? In any case, 3DS models are the best to start from but nearly any format can be converted.Keep in touch on this one :-beerchugJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Whoops, didn't know that it required that. Just goes to show you that I don't know what I'm talkin about.

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Jon,My experiments so far have all been in Gmax. It seems to be a pretty good package but the DXF import filter I found has a major bug. I can view the file OK in PSP but importing it into Gmax seems to move polygons around. Could there be multiple DXF file formats or something?As for searching for a 3d model, I've had a quick go on Google but not turned up much. Do you know of any sites that might be of use?Cheers,Rich.

Guest Ansgar

Dear Rich,if you have problems with import functions of Gmax I assume you have version 1.0 or 1.1 of it. I strongly recommend you then the download of the last version 1.2 of Gmax. If I remember correct this version has sure implemented the 3ds- and I hope also the dxf-import functions originaly from discreet. I have just tested my Gmax dxf-imports and they work fine.If you already have V1.2 of it pls. mail me direct and I can send you my dxf-import filter of it. Ansgar A.

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,I've just checked and I'm running Gmax v1.2 with Chris Cookson's DXF Import filter v1.0 if you have a later version than that or an alternative filter please send it to me. I believe you already have my email address, if not let me know.Cheers,Rich.

Guest Ansgar

Hi Rich,Version 1.2 is very fine! I just checked it now in detail, here is what I found:In the Gmax subfolder .stdplgs you should find a file named: dxfimp.dli With an rightclick on it you should see in the file details the version no.: 4.4.0.126 and as manufactorer: discreet and Autodesk. Before I also used your above driver for previous versions of Gmax, but now in V1.2 I didn

Guest Rich Wren

Hi Ansgar,Now I'm feeling a little foolish :-) I somehow managed to completely overlook the import option in the file menu. It's importing DXF files fine now so I'm over the first hurdle...Thanks for the help,Rich.

Guest Robs

If anyone can do a helo it would be good...can it be done??