Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Is it possible to remove the yoke from VC's?

I assume its not, but can I remove the yoke from a virtual cockpit? I figure I have one in front of my monitor so why would I have another one on the screen blocking insturments. Just thinking out loud... I think. :-) -------------Holding Short

Thanks for the reply, James. I figured that was the cse. Have you (or any other a/c designers) thought about not including them. Who knows, I'm probably the only one that could do without it.Oh yeah, BTW, I also have a serious problem with the Deb. It seems as though I have become addicted to it. I wonder if there will be any 12-Step programs to break the habit! :-lol -------------Holding Short

Well, if there was enough people who didn't want the yokes there, then I could make a special version, but unfortunatly, if there were only one or two people, then it might be out of the question for the time being sorry :-)Hmm...that problem sounds incredibly bad. Try re-installing and see what happens :-lol :-lolhttp://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je2.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

Guest JonP01

I remember raising the issue of "double" yokes when the first screenshots from the FS2002 beta started to appear publically. I too, don't really care for doubling up on my controls. I especially don't like it when the "virtual" controls are animated, as is the case for the stock FS2002 aircraft and many recent FS2002 add-on aircraft. This is one of the reasons I don't use the VC in FS2002 (the other is a distinct lack of clarity - generally speaking - compared to 2D). I recall asking in vain for a checkbox to be included in the FS2002 GUI (i.e "Remove virtual cockpit control animations"). At least pre-FS2002 the yokes or joysticks were static and often even removable. I happily use the VCs in CFS2, however, because there is no animation and the cockpit layout is usually simpler making for easier interpretation of the instruments.I really hope MS provides the option to remove animations in FS2004 (especially as it is possible the 2D cockpit will be no more from that version onwards). Tom or Scott - if you are reading this, maybe you could run an Avsim survey on this issue. I'd really like to know the collective view on this. Especially given we probably will only have VCs to choose from late next year.