Sign in to follow this  

Refueling

Need help! :-zhelp I'm new to FU3. :-newbie How do I refuel? Microsoft FS has that yellow square for refueling, I found nothing like this in FU3. Thanks! :-)

Guest juvat2

Hi Jason,Though I own Fs2002pro, I haven't used it enough for re-fuel. However, if you download Fss, you'll have yourself an interactive fledgling airline, a bank account, home fbo, on-line connectivity, and re-fueling capability and more. Everybody ought to get it. It's fun and brings a lot to Flight Unlimited. Here are some shots for the home FBO Olympia. Whats really neat is they're not through developing it. Go to their sight to see what more is to come.You need IE 6. You can download the latest Fss here:http://www.dextech.com/http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e687e9e464de2db.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e687eb746a31fd5.jpg

Guest Quaxo

Jason,It's been a long time since I last needed to refuel with FU3 (I usually prefer short scenic flights) but I think that at each airport, you can find a red fuel pump. You just taxi up to the pump, and wait - and you get refuelled. I may be wrong though... :-)Cristian

Guest Ansgar

A nice "Welcome Jason" first here!Hmmm refueling, I expect you didn

Heh, thanks a lot. ;) I think Looking Glass forgot all about it. They were in a hurry to produce the game, I think, running way over schedule and budget. So I guess we can't blame them. :D Well now Looking Glass is gone and everything, :-( so it's not like they can fix this in a newer version, maybe FU4 or something. :-)

Well I have never had to refuel, but here's what I would try:Hit pageup-pagedown quickly to get a "miracle" :-lol I believe this also resets the fuel.Go into the options (alt+o) and select how much fuel you want from the aircraft options.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest R_Driscoll

Didn't FU2 have refuelling - there was an ALT-R key combination that didsome form of resetting. If anyone has FU2 installed they could check (I don't).

Guest glidernut

Iv just looked, and theres nuthing in FU2 options about fual.And Alt R dus nuthing, well not in my FU2 anyway.glidernut :-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, wrong advice again. My memory's not what it used to be and it never was anything.

Guest jonpoint

To refuel, simply exit the aircraft after landing then get straight back in for another flight. Those hard-working ground staff will have filled you back up (to whatever level you've set in options) and you're away ;) MSFS's 'instant refuel' seems a bit unrealistic in this regard. Has anybody here ever landed, refueled and taken off (in a real aircraft) without getting out? Certainly, in my experience (and legally due to safety constraints), I barely remember it. In fact, though I remember sleeping through the refuelling a few times back in the 70's on transit refuel stops, in most cases we were ordered from the aircraft.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Robs

Jason,I assume this FSS flight unlimited program will work with version 3?If you don't like it is it easy to untangle from the orignal installation. I don't mind adding new scenery packages and planes because if I don't like them I can remove them cos I know whats going on!Also how does it react with outer terrain, UK south scenery etc?I will download it, it does sound fun.As for fuel, have you every worked out how much avgas some of these planes use in real life? Particularly Ansgars planes!!!!!!!I have run some of these planes on autopilot for a long time 5 hours plus and really all the planes come with enough fuel!Just land your plane, off to the FBO for tea and biccys and work out the next leg of your flight plan.Of course if you are a gold badge glider pilot, there is no fuel to run out as you try and gain your 10K feet and travel 500Kms etc - this will be a few (ok 8 to 10) hours in the seat! (What is the button for the relif tube!). The best glider pilots do this but usually have the benefit of the alps etc for the lift!Robs

Guest jonpoint

OK Jim, point taken!The most amazing thing I've ever seen (regarding refueling) was in-flight refueling of helos (on the US Airforce website). Sort of like adjusting the tappets whilst the engine's running ;) One slip and AAAAARRRRRGGGHHHH...Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************