Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

What FU3 upgrades are you looking forward to ?

I have three upgrades that I am desperate to get hold of for FU3.1. Ansgar's new Boeing 747-400 (new cockpit, new flight dynamics, and visible taxi lines after landing) :-)2. 100 per cent complete high detail AI package (including new models of the Starship and F18, and Jokke's original modifications like the Phoenix DC10 and reduced airliner banking angle).3. Ansgar's new flyable plane (which will remain secret until the great man himself announces it).Well, what does everyone else want to see most of all in FU3 ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well- first FU4.But that is not possible.I wish the experts on this forum to continue doing the whole UK.It is very good.Here are some shots from Plymouth and southampton to see what you cando using "fled".Best regards.Lars Peter.

Guest glidernut

Lars Peter,Southampton AND Plymouth! wow! Tow packages.Your not going to keep them for your self are you ?When can we hav them ?Do you hav much mor to do on them ?I think them trees are in the rong palet, but that,s OK, thay will do just fine.I see theres sum AI trafic there as well, did you put them there ? or are thayfrom Gatwick ? or Heathrow ?Best regards.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Good question Chris!The game is progessing so quickly at the moment, that the thing I want most is time to catch up and enjoy all the new goodies!I guess the thing I want most is well-made small airports in England, so that the area will start to resemble the excellent GA aviation areas of Seattle and SanFran - I think we agree that that is one of the great strengths of this sim. By well-made, I just mean that they are fun to fly in and out of, not that they need to be so accurate or anything - I don't care if the real frequency of Back of Bournemouth is 123.875 not 123.85 or whatever, but that the areas have something to look at as you fly lower, to match the high detail at 2000 ft plus. I don't like the big airports as much - they take time to get in and out of - the small airports have a more friendly feel, and are a proper point of departure rather than a goal in themselves.To be honest, I wouldn't mind a little Islander to drift around in, but apart from that have too many planes (well over a hundred) to choose from and don't need more in that direction (although I'll take them if offered!). I just like flying the same plane for a while - you get comfortable with its quirks, then move on to the next when you're ready. Safer anyway!But the idea of cloud improvements sounds good - sometimes you get it just right in FU3 - realistic looking banks or nice hazy clouds, but I think a lot could be done in this direction to improve realism.Anyway, that's my tuppence worth.RobD.

Guest R_Driscoll

I'm glad you've done this area - it looks great! Thanks Lars - look forward to the upload ....RobD

> I don't like the big airports as much - they take time to get in and out of - the small airports have a more friendly feel, and are a proper point of departure rather than a goal in themselves.I like big airports, because I can meet there big planes. They are beautiful and well seen from a distance.B.Adamski

Yes, I like the big airports even more these days.......now that I can fly the Beechjet. It might also be somewhat difficult to fly in and out of the small airfields in Ansgar's 747 ! I also like all of the AI activity at the big airports. That is a very big part of what makes FU3 such a great flying environment, particularly since this AI activity is random (which makes every flight a unique experience).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hello all.The two packages Southampton an plymoth is not yet finished.There is still a lot of work to do with this.More 3-d models has to be added/changed. I have used airphotos of theairports to try making it as real as possible. Both airports are now towercontrolled, and I have to figure out anew airspace and AI-plan text for the area.(without crashing withanything else)I will have some days off from work next week, so I hope it can be ready for uploads before next weekend.Lars Peter.:-wave