Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robert_S

Richard Harvey has passed.

Guest Robert_S

For those of you who don't follow the Fly! forum and haven't viewed AVSIM's front page recently, but know of the lead designer of Fly!, Richard Harvey, he passed away on March 13 at 1525 CST after a long bout with cancer. Here is the link to the thread in that forum that has the announcement with responses.

It is such a sad thing to ponder, but the man is finally free of pain and suffering.God speed, Richard! :-halo[table][tr][td valign=top]http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif[/td][td valign=center]Bob "FlyBert" StilesAVSIM Moderator[/b][/td][/tr][/table]"Don't stall on me, I have to soar!"~Richard Harvey, 1/21/2003

Guest twsimfan

Nice post Bob. Thank you."It is such a sad thing to ponder, but the man is finally free of pain and suffering."Sad yes, but appropriate. He will be missed... not many flight simmers with his passion.

Guest jonpoint

Folks,I won't say too much here, I've already said enough on other forums but, sad as Richard's passing is, I am glad that he is free from the interminable suffering of cancer. My own mother had a slow and agonising death from cancer and we were very releived for her when she went. This all puts much strain on the family too and I trust that Richard's family can now get on with their lives.We have lost a great personality and a true friend in the virtual skies. If I could be 10% of him...Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************