Sign in to follow this  

FU2 & XP

Does Flight Unlimited II have any problems with Win XP home ?I have just ordered FU2 from Soldout and am looking for any heads up I may need.Are there any patches or add ons I should know about?Yes, I live in the San Fracisco Bay area.

You shouldn't have any problems running FU2 on Win XP Home. I have both FU2&3 running on my win xp home version. The patch you may need can be downloaded from http://www.wings.ark.com/files/patches.htmlYou have chosen a great flight sim to 'hone' your skills on, up up and away, enjoy.:-beerchug

I just tried it. It installed fine, but without the patch it wouldn't start. I just got a black screen. After installing the 1.04 it started.I think my computer is too fast, though :-lol Also, the infamous line on the panel when using FSAA is there even in FU2. The high (insane?) framerate actually made everything feel more real. It's true that you only need 12-15 FPS to properly fly the plane, but with 100 FPS it felt very realistic. I can't believe how fast technology is moving. A couple of years ago I was getting 4 FPS at San Francisco in FU2, now I'm pushing 100.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest twsimfan

I am running XP Home but don't have FU2 installed. FU3 runs great. Don't forget to reinstall FU3 with the FU2 scenery... that about triples your flying area.

Someone asked me what processor gives this framerate ?B.Adamski

AthlonXP 2400+ (2.0GHz) overclocked to 2.22 GHz :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP