Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

UK-region airspace

Hello all!I have installed the super addon UK-region for flt.3 and enjoying it very mutch.Does anyone know how to write a airspace/AI-plan.txt. for the area??I did some work with this, and did the "Plymouth airport" with boththe new ILS-RW 31 and AI-traffic/scenery.( tower controlled airport)This package worked very well until the new release of the "Stansed Airport.This crashed with any other airport,and the ATC will no longer give the needed nav/vectors direct airports.I have also looked at the Regioncfg.files and the area is still unstable.If I do some flights in the SEA/SFO area,- and go to UK-region,the London City airport is missing.Instead of changing area as usual, I receive a map with the uncontrolled airport "Slought?" instead of "London City".Is this a bug with the CD's?I hope someone can give some answers to it.I am not complaining about the work.It is fantastic!!Thank you.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest glidernut

My Stansed Airport works OK with all other packages, no crashes.But I dont know about nav/vectors.I hav Seattle and Sanfrsn in the same REGIONS folder as the UK-South,and if I go back and forth between them I do not loos London City.BUT, If I edit any package in UK-South, the London City icon disapers.Well it may only seem to hav disapered, the London City icon has moovedto the location of another package or airport!?and if the London City icon is underneath anuther icon you carnt see it.When the London City icon moovs it can be underneath or on top of any other icon.Dus this or anthing els hapen to anyone els ?No recriminations hear, just wonting to sort it out.glidernut.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

I don't know what is causing the problem - I think its just that we haven't properly developed the airspace yet. But a few things:1) I have chosen generic names for the sound groups, and re-used these on several airports. So Ground is called "Ground", Approach is called "Approach" etc, simply because we don't have sound groups for "Stansted", "Gatwick" etc. Could this be causing the clash?2) My airports have been included in thwe scenery packages for the airports, so are installed under the folder "Packages", not "RegionsUK-SouthAirports". Does this matter or make any difference?3) Do any airports use the same frequencies?4) The frequencies used for Stansted are realistic (based on Robs supplied airport data sheet)and so use three digits after the decimal point (eg 123.275). Is this causing a problem?I suspect my blundering around with the Stansted airport has caused the problem, but don't know enough about it to say more than that. Of course I am happy to change it or even for someone else to change and fix any problems once identified!I think Bogdan may be able to help here, and also Roland is rapidly becoming the expert in this area - any ideas?I'm sure someone will sort this out, and also I will try a few things myself over the next few evenings to try and sort out radio communications.I tested the beta copy of Plymouth. Big surprise - Plymouth is not near Southampton (oh, you knew that already? - I always thought it was next door to Southampton. But then I'm from Australia). Its great! I loved flying around it so much I ran out of time to do any more tests last night. Now I've got to install the scenery tiles around that area (my little hard-disk has no space!). I won't say more about the package in case I reveal any surprises in it.RobD.

Guest glidernut

RobD.2) My airports have been included in the scenery packages for the airports, so are installed under the folder "Packages", not "RegionsUK-SouthAirports". Does this matter or make any difference?I dont think so, lots of Packages in Seattle and Sanfran are dun this way andthy are OK. I prefer them dun like this. With the airport in the package Its ezyer to fined and theres les chance ofmakeing a mistake lick opening a packageand then atempting to edit the rong airport.This could be the reasan why London City moovs about?This is a mistake I hav made and I fear I am to blame. If others hav made this mistake as well, then this could be the problem.If atempting to edit the rong airport for the package you hav open is the problem, then I dont know how to fix it.I think Crashing is a seperat problem.glidernut

Guest jonpoint

I'm confused (I'm also Australian, so don't be surprised)...I always thought that Airports in package folders cannot have AI and are not included in the AIplan files? I certainly had no luck getting AI to work that way (but that was OT?). Airports in region folders can.Also, package and airport editing MUST be undertaken in the region in which they were created. If you try to edit an OT airport for example that was created under the Seattle region whilst you're in the Sanfran region, the entire airport gets moved (irrepairably I might add)Somewhere in all of this is the reason. I will be installing UK in its own FU3 version to avoid possible problems. I think some of you already have done this? We need to sort this pronto otherwise some packages may end up in wrong places (and my lovely stone fences you haven't seen yet will appear across motorways and cause huge virtual pile-ups!).If we can get a show of hands here we might work it out. How have people got their UK region configured?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon!Check your mailbox!!I have asked Bogdan about this, but he has not the UK-region installed.He is like myself out of HD-space, and is looking for an upgrade.I will buy a new system in the near future. Take care all.Lars Peter.

Jon, my UK South is in a totally separate FU3 installation and this one knows nothing about Seattle, SanFran or the outer terrain. This approach has kept me out of strange conflicts and unanticipated mix-ups. If I mess it up I know that the problem is to be solved within UK South.Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Hans Petter,Yup, that's how I'm doing it. Here's a question for the group...(Not having done this before) when you use FLED to edit the UK, does it ask which region you want? If it doesn't list UK as such, that might be the problem. I know from my OT editing, if I get the region wrong it moves everything everywhere :-(I put a note about this in my Clare's Valley package. Not having actually installed UK yet I am unsure - maybe someone can clear this up BEFORE I install it? I have a stripped-down FU3 installed ready-to-go as soon as I get the discs from RobD :-beerchugJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest R_Driscoll

Jon, the disks are in the mail. With the cheque for making the trees, that's in the mail too. They're all in the mail. Since November. They should arrive any day, or week, now. Or month. Soon.Yes, FLED asks you which region to work with - I don't think that's the problem, although interaction between the areas is still a major problem when you're up flying. This suggests there are still things in the FU3 structure that we don't understand. But I also think I've broken some unknown rules in using the same generic names for Stansted approach etc, and I hope this coming weekend to have a look at this.The whole scenery for UK-South is growing so quickly! great work guys - I look forward to the final release of Plymouth once we sort out the ATC bugs.RobD.

Hello, it's RolandI have too a separate folder for UK_South. It works better without SanFran and Seattle. I had the same problem of sharing regions with Switzerland.I work on AI traffic on Stansted airport. It's nearly OK. For the Airspace.txt file, I tried, on my own FU3 UK-South region, to modify the original file of San-Francisco area with UK airports. It works well (but it's not exactly the reality ......) :)I've looked on Internet for the real airspace in London, but I've seen it's a simple one, compared to San-Francisco Bay. Maybe, I will create an Airspace.txt for UK-South, if I understand better the real English airspace.For the Aiplan.txt, I haven't the details of all the fields. One thing I know is that you must have a "LEG" line departing from your airport to allow big AI planes "AI-Liners" to work. The AI planes with name ending by "d" (like "BeeverD") will fly from an airport to another having the same Parking Spot name (A "BeeverD" place in each airport, by example). The AI planes with name ending by "P" will do Practice "Touch and Go" on their airport.For AI traffic, the airport must be radio-controlled.RegardsRoland Wagener

I'm not sure but LEGs are for GA planes rather than for airliners IMO.BTWpracref means practice + fly using legs.dirref - as above but without practice.B.Adamski

WEll.I will do a new install of the sim without too many packages involvedand looking deeper into it.May be I have some bugs with other areas that is interferring with the UK-region.Thanks.Lars Peter.