Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

Help, no joy with FS2k2!

Guest Lobaeux4

Had problems earlier, no responses, so I thought I'd post again. I don't know what happened to my system. I uninstalled FS2k2, then reinstalled and as soon as I started a flight with default cessna at default EGLL, released brakes (didn't even call ATC), screen went black and it dropped me back to the desktop. I can't figure out what's happened, the only things I've added that I can think of lately, are PSS 777 and PSS A320 update, and !! the new VIA 4in1 drivers. I don't see a way to uninstall them. Anyone know how? I don't think it could be PSS products, it's got to be the VIA drivers. Any help?JoeAMD 1800 XP512 DDR RAMK7VTA3 mobo40 MB 7,200 HDWin XP Pro

Guest Lobaeux4

Nope, used Regcleaner (which is pretty good by the way) to get rid of whatever VIA driver I had in there, but my problem still persists. I tried default cessna, at Meigs, took off, made a left turn, never talked to ATC, headed towards Sears tower, and poof!! black screen and back to desktop. NO words from MS about sending a report, no lingering FS2K2 in the task manager, nothing! This is with a reinstall to a clean partition. Can't figure out what's going on. Any other ideas? Thanks for the Regcleaner tip too!Joe

Guest SoarPics

What video card and drivers? Also, what are your CPU temps (try a flight and get out before the system goes goofy, then check the temps). And more info on the memory you're using. Have you tried setting Hardware Acceleration to "Basic" in the Sound section of DxDiag?Regards,

Guest Lobaeux4

After starting FS2K2, running cessna at Meigs, till it dropped out, then checked temps: 33degrees, 54 degrees CPU. Using crucial 512MB DDR RAM, two sticks of 256, three banks on the board. 'Course when I go to system in XP it shows 364MB of RAM (that should be available RAM if I'm reading it right) Speeds of RAM are set to SPD in my BIOS, I tried running Hardware Acceleration to "Basic" in DxDiag, that didn't work.I'm running a GeForce 3 Ti 200 with 23.11 drivers. It was freezing up when ATC would make a call or right after. This last time I tried it, I took off, set AP, took to spot view, then screen went black and it dropped me to desktop, I didn't hear any ATC calls. Talk about frustrating.I don't think my CPU is too hot, I've only got the small fan in the case, but the case is open, and it wouldn't just drop me back to the desktop I'd think, it'd freeze up altogether.I'm running 8.1 Direct X, all say final retail for directX files in DxDiag except mfc42.dll which says beta retail. All sections say "no problems found" and all are digitally signed, except for the nvidia nv_dsp.dll I can't think this would be the problem since it's been working until I dl'd the new VIA 4in1 drivers. I've deleted them and used regcleaner to remove, but I don't know if there's another way to find out if there still there. I don't have any VIA drivers listed in regcleaner or my system info. The ECS website says to install the 14.36 drivers (I had tried to install the 14.38)Miffed,Joe

When you uninstalled FS2002 did you delete the remaining residual fs2002 folder and subfolders. If you addon to the default fs2002, the uninstall leaves the fs2002 folder and subfolders containing the addons. If you have a problem in some of your addons and you don't delete these folders, when you reinstall fs2002 just uses the existing old folders over again. Therefore, the problem remains.Try this, copy the entire fs2002 folder to a safe area on your harddrive, then use the add/remove programs within windows to uninstall fs2002. Next, open Windows Explorer and delete the residual (not the saved copy of fs2002) fs2002 folder and subfolders.Lastly, reinstall fs2002, try starting fs2002 without any addons and see if it works properly. If so, then you can cut and paste from the old saved copy. Don't do wholesale cut and paste but one at a time, test each paste prior to adding additional modifications.

Guest Lobaeux4

Sure did, done that (plus the added benefit, now I've got FS2K2 on a bigger partition, found out I didn't need 20GB for programs, since it seems FS2K2 is the biggest program I run. Those clouds from FSW look absolutely fantastic, but boy do they take up a lot of space. I'm going off the assumption is a sound problem. I uninstalled the VIA AC97 onboard audio driver, and disabled it in the BIOS. Found out it was enabled. I'm hoping that's my problem. I've got a yamaha xg card (I know it's not the greatest), and I think it's a sound problem. Testing right now, gonna flip over to FS2K2 and see if that fixed it.JoeLobaeux

It's the driver for the sound card! I betcha!

Guest Lobaeux4

I think you're right. I'm looking for a driver now, even though XP says it's okay. Anyone else with a yamaha dsxg sound card know of a good driver, or where i can get one?Lobaeux

Guest Lobaeux4

Think I've fixed it!! I uninstalled the Yamaha drivers, took the card out and went with the AC 97 onboard audio. Granted, it's onboard I know, but it seems to work. Also the joystick seems to work as well so that's good. It's been working for such a long time now, and all of a sudden FS2K2 doesn't like my cheap soundcard. Go figure!Lobaeux