Sign in to follow this  

AI planes on Stansted Airport

Hello, I've uploaded to AVSIM library two packages.The first one allow you to see a lot of AI planes on Stansted Airport.The second one add ship traffic on The Solent, and all the ferry routes to the Isle of Wight.Best RegardsRoland Wagener

Roland.Thanks for uploading this addon.Both the airport and the new AI-traffic is exellent.This airport has caused my computer a lot of trouble when it comes to the ATC menu./destination to other airports in the region.At the end I had to edit the airportbox using fled.This airportname was also beginning with "London" like The London Cityairport, and this was messing up the menu for ATC.I renaimed the airportname to "Stansted" only, and the ATC-controllers was very happy again to read both vectors direct and flight followings to the other UK-airports.This solved all the problems on my computer, and may be can be some help for others having ATC trouble.The new Airspace.txt.seem to be more stable.No more big problems.Thank's.Lars Peter.

Regarding names, I also renamed "London Heathrow Airport" to "Heathrow" since the long name didn't quite fit into the menu box. However, I was quite sure this was just a display (cosmetic) issue. In any event, Stansted, Gatwick, Heathrow and London City are nice short names that fit into the menu box and may even help us avoid ATC conflicts. I suggest that we go for these names in all of the text files pertaining to name displayed, AI and ATC.Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

Roland WagenerThanks for the AI planes on Stansted Airport, and the ship traffic on The Solent, and all the ferry routes to the Isle of Wight.I even found sum crains, thanks, very much apreesheeated.Lars Peter Im not shooer how to go about editing the airportbox using fled.So insted I edited the fbo.cfg files within the packages to read the same as the name as the packages, ie "Heathrow" "Gatwick" "Stansted" and so on.Like Hans Petter I would have thort it was only (cosmetic) but, well, one never knows for shoower.Best Regardsglidernut.:-wave

Glidernut.What I meant by editing the "airportbox" is to open fled and find the blue main square at the airport.The properties inside this box is very sensitive to the function of the ATC.If many airports are using the same names,- or names used by other airports inside the sound group, they will not show up on the menu when you ask "baunching Betty" for directions.On the other hand she will send you to any airport she finds propriatein the area no matter where you want to go.Sometimes she will even send you right back to desctop with a bang!Aircontrollers are never easy to deal with!:-lol Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest R_Driscoll

Thanks Roland and Lars Peter! - I will try this tonight. I experimented over the weekend but couldn't solve the ATC problems, so am very happy that you have. And the new AI is excellent.RobD.

Hello, I've also renamed the airports names, but that's change nothing.To have ATC guiding me on the correct other airports of UK-South, I changed in Fled the Airport Sound Name in "AirportBox".I change these Airport Sound Names by an other name, not used in UK-South. By example, in London City Airportbox, I changed the Airport Sound Name from "Base" to "CrestAirpark". Why not !!! .... :) Then, I changed the Word "CrestAirpark" with Resviewer in "File 1" in VCTRL.RES file from the name "Crest Airpark" to "London City"Now, when I request IFR vectors to an airport, the text "London City" is displayed.The only problem is that the sound associated is always "Crest Airpark" because we haven't sound like "London City" (or "Gatwick" or "Stansted", ....).Best regardsRoland Wagener

Guest R_Driscoll

I agree with Roland. I have now extensively modified the three airports Heathrow, Stansted and Gatwick, and have no problems navigating, but like Roland, I had to edit the names, frequencies etc until it all worked. Now its fine. We were lucky to have a sound group for Heathrow, but for the others, there was a bit of trial and error. I have also modified the scenery a bit at these places, being careful not to harm Roland's work! Its great having the AI planes buzzing around (except when you're fifth in line for the one working runway).RobD.

Guest jonpoint

Hi Folks!My two bob's worth here ('bobs' not 'cents' - we're talking UK here...)Firstly, we can edit the sound files. It's not simple but Steffen and I are slowly cataloging (!) all of the FU3 sound resources so we'll know what to change and when.My theory is this; because many of us are creating new installed versions just for UK, there is nothing wrong with editing resources to suit our area. I will look into changing the list of displayed airport names - we don't need 'Crest Airpark' or 'Ranger', 'Harvey' etc so, repeating what I said the other day, we need to quickly reach a concensus of which airports are going to be included in the UK region. We can have 75 icons in total however, the number of controlled airports would be much smaller.Do we have any takers for this? If people would just post their wishes we can all get involved and have it sorted out quickly. I would certainly appreciate also knowing who's doing what so we don't duplicate (like my 3 weeks wasted on GTF :-( ). I cannot currently offer my 100% (when have I?) to this cause because I have only just embarked on installing UK and already have a long list of projects underway like the Dash-8, new trees, lights, towers etc for the UK and Sanfran regions and of course, the voice files mentioned above. I will start a new posting just for this and we'll see how it goes, OK?PS Steffen, where's the UK pylon race course going to be ;););)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************