Sign in to follow this  
Guest Motormouse

Just wanted to say 'thanks'

Guest Motormouse

to Ansgar and Steffen for probably the 2nd best thing (after Bush Flying Unlimited :-) ) to happen in FUIII world.:-wavePete

Guest Ansgar

Hello Pete,very nice to see you

Guest R_Driscoll

But I think you should also credit Jon Point for developing the idea and making the first planes for it !! This is just good teamwork again - great effort guys.

Guest Ansgar

Absolutely correct Robert!Sure we shouldn

Guest Steffen

Hi guys,of course Jon deserves full credit for kicking loose the idea of racing in FU3 - his post on maybe getting all of us into racing is still somewhere in the Forum...It's great to see what some international cooperation could achieve here!Blue Skies,Steffen

Guest jonpoint

Well, I can't take too much credit here - it was you, Steffen :-waveJim Lynch (GeeBee Jim) actually gave me the original idea (which of course gave me more encouragement to do the GeeBee in the first place). Whilst testing the GeeBee I found myself cutting close turns around everything I could find, from the Space Needle to the radio tower at Tacoma. I even have a 'slalom' course along a ridge near Ranger where you have to take each tree on a different side...Unfortunately, my intentions of doing a racing package proved unwise - it was a scripted challenge we needed (someone's gotta keep us hotheads honest, you know?) and Steffen rose to the challenge (pun intended) immediately.Thankyou again, Steffen :-beerchugAnd, when I manage to get my times somewhat better, I'll post them. My times actually haven't been too bad - I just have a bad habit of removing wings - must be all that crop-duster flying when I was young :-hahPS Isn't Dago Red a pure beast? Better watch out though Ansgar, the Dash-8 has 5000HP as well :-eekPPS We should post a 'leaderboard' subject in the forum for everyone to post their times - not the full photo shoot though, just the 'victory' screens. Any takers?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hey, I second that thanks. I've been itching to do some high-speed low-level flying. Almost got that Xtreme something-or-other sim. Now, I'm glad I waited. I just need to go download the script and planes.Thanks to all of you for keeping our favorite sim going and going and going!Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table