Sign in to follow this  
Guest napis

FSAA and 42.30 detonators and above

Guest napis

Hi all!I have tried all detonators from 42.30 and above.I found out that dets 42.30 and above don't like FSAA with FU3.e.g.I set AA 2x or 4x, but 3D scenery is without AA. :-( Why ???Only Quincux and 4xS AA works fine.Last good driver is 42.01, There AA works fine with all settings.Have anybody these problems too ???RegardsPeterP.S. Sorry for my english

Guest jonpoint

Peter,Yes, I've had all sort of problems with detonators so I went back to 30.83! When I tried 40.40 it didn't hurt FU3 but I had to force FSAA off to play some other games like MM2 and NFS. Didn't try any after that - my Ge4 440MX card came with 30.30 drivers(!) which worked OK for me then. I suppose I should try something newer but I'm sick of having to fiddle with settings all the time :-(Do you think 42.01 is a good choice? Do I get any advantage from upgrading? I noticed no difference in framrates or rendering (when it did it!) between 40.40 and 30.82. Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest napis

Hi JonI use 4x.xx dets, because these dets support anisotropic filtering.I cannot set anisotropic filtering with 3x.xx dets. That's it.I mainly need good quality. Good performance with bad quality is . . . ;-)Peter

The new 43.45 official drivers also seem to only work at fsaa levels of quincunx or 4xs.The anti-aliasing also seems to look worse on this Ti4600 than it did on my ATI 8500 - which in turn looked worse than my old Voodoo5.....It seems I'm going backwards. :(Do any of the earlier drivers have a better fsaa display quality?My monitor has dual inputs. I'm seriously considering trying to find an old PCI Voodoo5 to use with older games. Research on practicalities required.....Ian

Guest hoohah

Most of the time I use the 29.42 Detonators with my GF4 MX. I'm using the 43.35's right now, hoping for the best. They are better than the more recent ones; but there are still some issues with framerates, sound interference, and a recent one, my bios screen will not display on startup.It looks like I'll be going back to the 29.42's or maybe the 30.82's soon...-T Edwin (hoo)

I currently use the 30.82 drivers, and they work fine with 4xS anti-aliasing and 8x anisotropic filtering. I am reluctant to upgrade to the latest drivers..........Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris,I too use 30.82 right now and, as mentioned above, had little success with 40.xx drivers. Like you, I have all the options working in FSAA but I don't get 8x aniso with my 440MX card ;) Hey, it was cheap! I still get a few aniso options though and I am quite happy as it is. The FSAA doesn't seem as aggressive as the GE2's.BTW, I tried overclocking it just to see what would happen. I used to overclock the GE2 but didn't bother when I got the GE4. Well, with an Athlon 1700+ and my current setup (SDRAM) I get very little difference in busy screens (Seattle city, bad weather etc) but the framerate just flies away at higher altitudes! In Seattle the framerate goes from 15 (worst case - heaps of AI and baaaad weather) to about 18-19 but at FL320 in clear skies it goes from 40 to 80+! FU3 is still a processor hog but I'm happier with it than I've ever been :-hahJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************