Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

UK

Finally got time to remove some stuff on my harddrive and install the UK region.Here are a couple of pics...http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e7f6bda54c11a59.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e7f6be654fe8a66.jpghttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e7f6bf4556e8a66.jpgA slow and safe landing :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e7f6c0355bece0e.jpgThis new version of the Beechjet was designed for better fuel economy and a higher cruising speed by doing away with unneeded parts like the tail and landing gear to reduce drag.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e7f6c1256122481.jpgI like the appearance of the scenery, though it's a tad dark. It looks slightly better something like this (increased the brightness of the picture), but it's no big deal.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e7f6cc159e07203.jpgI did encounter two problems. The first problem is that I had some trouble reading the VOR frequency of certain stations because they were covered by airport icons.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e7f6cfc5afcd872.jpgThe second problem is that I had trouble generating clouds. Rain and thunder clouds appear to come up OK, but I had some trouble generating puffy clouds without rain or thunder.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest R_Driscoll

Looking at the icons in the last picture, I would guess you haven't installed the add-on packages for Gatwick and Stansted yet!Concerned developer.

No packages yet. Just installed the actual region and this was the first test flight :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Quaxo

Jimmi,I like the appearance of your last screenshot (the "brightened" one). I was thinking about modifying the scenery palette, to make it closer to your brighter screenshot... Can you tell me exactly what did you change in the screenshot (brightness, contrast, saturation?) and how much (in percentual)? So I could modify the palette... :-) I tried just increasing the brightness, but I get a "milky" picture...About the airport icons, you're right... I didn't notice that. And I don't know how to fix it - moving the text around would "mess up" things... Any ideas, anyone?For the weather screen, I know, that's a known problem. It has to do with the coordinates system I believe, but I don't know how to fix this... Sorry! :-(Cristian

Hi. I used the "Fade Correction" feature in Paint Shop Pro 7. I don't know how well it would work with the scenery textures, the tool usually requires some tweaking and doesn't always work well - sometimes the image becomes too yellowish and sometimes too bluish or too dark.I also experimented with the Auotmatic Contrast Enhancement and the Automatic Saturation Enhancement features (Effects->Enhance Image menu in PSP). Using those two tools it's also possible to achieve a brighter image without making the colors washed out. It's automatic so with all automatic things, sometimes it could work worse and sometimes better etc. If you do it manually you would need to adjust both the Contrast and Brightness sliders to get a good picture. Too much Contrast and the colors will be too dark and sharp, too little and the colors get washed out.Here are two pictures, before and after automatic contrast/saturation enhancement.

MSFS / XP

Guest Quaxo

Jimmi, thank you, but I would have needed the exact "changes values"... That's because I'm not going to correct the textures themselves, but just the palette. And if I run the auto enhancement on a palette checkered texture, I surely won't get good results... I will experiment a bit with manual settings anyway.By the way, the last screenshot you posted, seems to me a little TOO dark... I don't get such a dark scenery. Not as bright as the edited images, but not as dark as your screenshot. Are you sure you set the "gamma correction" value correctly?Cheers,Cristian

Jimmi,Would you kindly refrain from posting screenshots that show your framerates in the future ? They give me an inferiority complex :-fume Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry about the framerate counter :)I guess then you don't want to know that I was using 6x FSAA/16X Anisotropic? OK, fine, I won't tell you that, then :-lol oops....Don't know if these values help, but increasing brightness 28% and contrast 17% provided good results for me on screenshots.

MSFS / XP

Guest glidernut

Hi JimmiG, and all,I am not shooer the palet is responsibl for your tad darknesin the ferst snaps ?I meen the snaps of the busted jet are dark bicous theres no sun.Its an overcast day with no shadows.I would expect it to be a tad dark with weather like that.Wat with the weather screen not being fuly functional, I use the"d" and "s" kees in flight to put the sun as high as posibl toget a bright suny day.Andr

It looks a bit brighter today. Maybe the scenery switched to "overcast mode" even though no clouds were showing up because of the problem with the weather screen?I also found out that I can't install the Gatwick package. When I install it, FU3 crashes to the desktop when I start from the ground. If I remove the Gatwick package it works again.

MSFS / XP

Guest Quaxo

I just experimented a bit... I noticed that if you set up the sim to have less haze, you get a darker, "bluish" scenery. I keep the haze slider to half, and get more "solar" colors. Jimmi, what is your haze setting?Also, the weather screen problems only affect the "front placement" AFAIK. The time of day, and season and moon phase, should work fine.As for Gatwick, Jimmi, are you sure you removed the old Gatwick airport from the "Uks" package, when installing the new airport?In the meanwhile, I'm still working on "brightening" the palette... :-)Cristian

Haze is at about 40% (almost halfway but not quite).I followed the instructions when trying to install the airport, which included removing some folders. I did install Heathrow without problems.

MSFS / XP