Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

London weather

Guest R_Driscoll

Here are some shots of recent flights, showing typical London weather. But I still can't get proper fluffy clouds, and the wind direction arrows are clearly in the wrong place on the weather diagrams - one set should be before the front, the other after it.Also you can see the new white roof at Stansted airport.1. A trip to the Needles 2. New white roof at Stansted3. More subdued night lighting at Stansted4. Squalls enroute to Heathrow5. Driving rain over the south terminal 6. Closeup of new night lighting at Stansted cargo7. New night lighting at terminals8. Evil weather9. Where am I?RobD

Guest jonpoint

Hi Rob,Great shots - I can't wait to get my UK running ;) Your 'toned down' Stanstead looks more like an airport at night now instead of an Expo pavillion ;)As for the weather, did not Markus do some 'weather work' some time ago? If so, he may be able to shed light on it. Mind you, the screen shots look pretty close to London Autumn weather! My memories of UK South in Summer include endless fogs along the coast in the mornings which seemed to take all day to lift. 'Fluffy white' clouds are important though (for those few days a year... :-lol ) and maybe we can think about actually replacing the cloud models - new region and all? I was (jokingly) thinking that we only need four weather types for UK: clear, snowing, foggy and raining with the default set to raining... Sorry, I know it's not that bad :-waveMeanwhile, I've started my 'little push' to get the region's airports documented NOW so we can all happily do our own parts for the region. Once we have all the info I will look into having real airport name calls and providing FLED users with the ability to know that the frequencies they've selected will work. Steffen and I are slowly documenting the entire FU3 sound resource so we will be able to for example, exchange 'Seattle Approach' for 'Heathrow Approach' etc. Those of us with the ability could possibly even re-record some of the AI files to add a British inflection to the voices. So what if we hear US accents sometimes, at least the words they use will be relevant :-)Heck, we have a new, autonomous region to work with here - let's not degrade it with too many hangovers from the original game. We (well, actually, 'all you guys') have done a fantastic job so far and I'd really like to support your untiring efforts some more in the future. It's nice when someone says 'thanks for the aircraft' but I gotta say to Christian and the UK team 'thanks for the entire region' :-jumpy:-beerchugJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest napis

:( :(I have Seatle and SanFran region.I want to have the UK region in my FU3 too !!!I'm unhappy. Where can I buy it ????? I am from Slovakia.Peter

Guest Quaxo

Robert,Your screenshots are so nice!!! Most of my flights in the last months are clear skies, unlimited visibility flights - that was needed to check the scenery. I didn't have much time to fly in bad weather, and your screenshots made me remember how much I liked bad weather in FU3!Too bad the weather screen is only partially functional in UK. It has to do with the coordinates in the region.cfg files, but I don't know how to fix them. But if we can create 4-5 nice weather files (foggy, rainy and such), and upload them to the library, they can be loaded before a flight... :-)A few comments on the screenshots...1 - Why is your terrain resolution so low at the Needles? Didn't you install the Isle of Wight's textures?2 - The new white roof is nice! Much closer to the real photos I have... :-)3,6,7 - The new night lighting is much more balanced now IMO... I like it!Jon:I've noticed that most people have installed UK in a separate installation of FU3. So I agree that we could "personalize" a lot of things (like voices and such)...I'm having a very busy real-life time these weeks, so I can't help much with this for now... Anyway, I'm so happy of the response to this new region! Things are getting very lively in the UK! :-)Cristian

Guest Quaxo

Peter,Check your mail... :-)Cristian

Guest R_Driscoll

I love rainy weather. The feeling of being in my little flying box up in a moderate gale, the instruments telling me which way to go, seeing the airport appearing out of the fog at the end, all of these are great fun. And I might add, much safer in FU3 than real life!Low terrain resolution? Sorry, hard disk space still not available. But next week ....White roof is better? Good. Night lighting better? Good too. I will send you improved models for your next disk update if you like. But I wouldn't mind a bit longer to tweak some things, and maybe Jon, Roland etc can sort out this radio business (too hard for me).OK, don't spend too long down here when you could be up there,RobD(inventor of the Point Flyer)