Sign in to follow this  

Taxi Speed by John Stottlemire

Lets see,1. Andy finds a way to change the taxi speed and creates a working beta program.2. Andy gives this program to a friend

>Questions: >>1. Is this speed we set for the "Other" ground traffic? It is the speed that AI aircraft will taxi at.>2. Where do we put it in the FS2002 program? You don't need to put it into FS. Create a new folder called TaxiSpeed and put it in there, or just stick it anywhere you like (the main FS folder is OK too).>3. Are any other programs required to run Taxi Speed? No. Just double click the file in Explorer.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://members.aol.com/tgfltsim/index.htmlAlcoHauler Locomotive Page: http://members.aol.com/alcohauler/home/alcohaul.htmlFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

I think you are missing facts. You only have one side of the story. From what I have read on the NG and elsewhere, Andy's program never worked correctly. John's program does. They were both working on the same theory, and the way I see it, there was only one solution, so why should it surprise anyone that they would both end up in the same place? Andy chose to go to the NG and air out his complaints, accused 2 good people and never really offered any proof. That is why the NG pretty much turned on him.My sympathy is with John, who along with Bill were slandered in a public newsgroup.http://members.cox.net/pstepanoff/images/OK_c2.gifPete S

Kenny, Great to see somebady with a head on their shoudlers and using it!!! We see over and over the same thing, poor this person etc etc.I was thinking I was the only one who actually read all the threads and noticed the same thing. Not to take away from his skill and talent but didn't something else happen with another program that edits gates somewhere along the lines of this person accusing another freeware developer that his work didn't and could not work as if tempting this person to give them the info? We all see now that this program works very well :) Now this...As for those who turned on one individual, shame on you. If we don't know all the facts then we shouldn't comment,right??? I am just going on what has been posted in the forums. Sad to see a developer decide not to do it anymore but equally sad to see a fellow flight simmer treated in this way. We need people to keep coming up with add-ons since MS refuses to help our the community that supports their products. Maybe some of these events is a wakeup call that if you find a solution/upgrade/program to make our sims better keep it under wraps until you release it. Too bad, it would be nice to be able to ask others for help if we needed it...Just my thoughts, Jorge B

Do I see a common profile here?Jorge said ..."....I was thinking I was the only one who actually read all the threads and noticed the same thing..... Jorge then goes on to say...since MS refuses to help our the community. .." Kind of rings the same doesn't it? Go figure.MS has provided more data then any one individual can understand and you are still belittling them. John provided timely information and you belittle him.Jorge, for you to complain so much, you must have had nothing but terrible experiences with FS2002. We have had good experiences and I bet you would too if you started with a clean operating system with a clean drve and was careful about what you added to the operating system and FS2002.You have a nice day,Bob

Bob, Belittling MS? In a way, yes I am. We all do it when we ask for a patch, better this better that... think about it. Why not make it easier for the programmers to have tools that they can work with to enhance the product instead of the programmers spending countless hours trying to figure out every detail. No patch from MS, then give more than just a basic, thin SDK... this is why I said MS refuses to help our community. Throw a bone,no , why not throw us a steak :) We all shell out hard earned money for software, hardware, charts ,etc. I bet most of us have at least 3 copies of MS FS laying around... With all due respect Bob, read the previous posts and not just a select few regarding what has happened over the last few weeks... It's not about complaining, we are in a forum that we can voice our opinion/concerns/questions right?? I have had nothing but very good experiences with FS2002, 2000, 98 etc. Since 1986 I've been using this great product. I will continue buying the next versions of FS but since MS already knows we will, why not let us enjoy the sim for a full 1 and 1/2 years before the next, better version comes out instead of tweak ,tweak , tweak, then when it works better than you imagined, new version , tweak, tweakBob, I never said I've had problems running FS. You must have been reading another post :) I am very happy with this version and I'm sure the next one will be that much better. Yes, I fly in real life not just on the computer and I DO realize the limitations of a home sim. Yes the sim is not perfect, but this is why we ( the none programmers ) depend and trust in the abilities of the gifted ones... We all know that renting or buying an airplane is the better solution but then why can't we demand a better product for something we paid for??? $75/hr Piper or $70 sim We get alot for $70 but then Bob would you be happy still using FS5.1? Neither would I... You have a nice day too,Jorge

>Cannot download the file - when I'm clicking on "click here >to download" I am getting transferred right back to the main >page. Should I hit "bad URL"? Don't want to shoot too >quickly. >>Thanks! We have had people attempt to try and download the taxi file from http://flightsimvets.edirectamerica.com/This will not work and refer you back to the default page. You need to enter FSGateway's site by this address:http://www.fsgateway.com/ in order to be able to download the file.Thanksmitch.jpg

Guest Dominik Mann

Got it now :-) . However, I guess the problem was the NIS ad blocker - only found it out a while after my post.Cheers,

I cannot see where Andy has a complaint. If he is happy to give away the memory location that controls AI traffic, then how can he complain that someone else brings out a program to change the details?? At least as long as the program is not using his code (which I don't think was his original complaint).